Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Greg is an Oxford graduate and chartered accountant with over 20 years of experience in London, formerly UK CEO of a global boutique consulting firm, FD at London Business School, and management consulting leader at Accenture and KPMG. Alongside running the SaaS business he founded, Greg enjoys working as a freelance virtual CFO, assisting interesting and varied clients in solving challenging strategic problems.
Founder | CEO
- Founded a SaaS B2C entertainment discovery platform sitting on a unique and complex data and AI/ML base developed from the ground up by the firm.
- Assembled and led a talented international virtual team across four countries to build and maintain the business.
- Developed the strategy, plan, materials, and pitch deck for a fundraising exercise to raise funds for the business.
Mars | KPMG
- Oversaw a large team delivering the integration of the finance function of a significant Mars acquisition—that ran 100s of veterinary clinics across Europe—into Mars Finance.
- Coordinated the integration of the acquisition's finance operations in over ten countries across Europe.
- Undertook the board presentations with the Mars senior finance leadership team.
Cubane Consulting (part of Nous Group)
- Ran the UK business of a global boutique strategy consulting firm focused on professional services in higher education. Centered around the delivery of the UniForum program—a strategic insights program working with 50 universities across the world.
- Held annual conferences and university briefings of up to 80, supported by long-term underlying relationships with Russell Group VCs and registrars.
- Won retender with 18 out of 24 Russell Group universities.
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
London Business School
- Owned a ten-year integrated view of the School’s strategic plan and long-term cash flow covering expansion, fundraising, revenue growth, and technology; led a team of more than 15.
- Oversaw a successful £75,000,000 funding exercise to support expansion.
- Sat on the London Business School's management, finance, and investment committees.
Management Consultant | Director
Accenture Strategy | KPMG Consulting
- Assisted in defining and transforming finance strategy for over ten multinationals in the media, oil and gas, and technology industries.
- Helped major multinational oil and gas companies redefine the global business services operating model, enabling a 15% reduction in labor costs.
- Collaborated with a global music company to implement a new enterprise reporting platform and the accompanying process transformation in London and Tokyo.
- Qualified as a chartered accountant while doing on-the-job training as an auditor.
- Managed audit assignments at various UK telecoms and media organizations.
- Collaborated with blue-chip clients and finance directors on a daily basis.
Master of Arts (Oxon) Degree in Economics and Management
Pembroke College of the University of Oxford - Oxford, UK
Chartered Accountant (CA)
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland