Hermes Capital Advisors, LLC
2008 - PRESENT
- Founded a boutique investment banking firm that provides M&A advisory and private placement services to early stage and middle market companies in the technology sector.
- Acted as a buy-side advisor on a variety of acquisition opportunities to a $200 million supplier of satellite infrastructure solutions and services.
- Represented a publicly-traded electronic device and communications equipment manufacturer on their review of strategic alternatives and dissolution of the company through the sale of its business units in 3 separate transactions.
- Served as buy-side advisor to a thin client vendor on their acquisition of a mobile device management software developer.
- Acted as a placement agent for Series A financing of a digital rights software vendor.
- Served as a sell-side advisor for a divestiture of an electromechanical switch manufacturing division of a public company.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Placements, Valuation, Equity Financing, Corporate Finance, Due Diligence, Financial Modeling, Pro Forma Financial Statements, Investor Decks, Investment Memoranda
Director, Head of Technology Investment Banking
Susquehanna Financial Group
2006 - 2008
- Charged with building the technology franchise as part of a bulge bracket trading firm’s fledgling investment banking effort.
- Served as a co-manager on a $39 million follow-on offering and $18 million buy-side advisory assignment for a $200 million supplier of satellite infrastructure solutions and services.
- Acted as a buy-side advisor to a public company on their $18 million acquisition of RF components and subsystems vendor Advanced Control Components.
- Handled all the aspects of origination and execution with the help of a dedicated team consisting of a senior associate and 3 analysts.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Placements, Valuation, Public Offerings, Corporate Finance, Financial Modeling, Pro Forma Financial Statements, Due Diligence, Investor Decks, Investor Memoranda
Director, Media, Communications, and Technology Group
BMO Capital Markets
2001 - 2006
- Managed all aspects of an M&A deal execution on 10 sell-side transactions and 3 buy-side assignments in a variety of sectors, including communications and enterprise software, wireless infrastructure, telecom services, and semiconductors.
- Sourced a co-manager position on a $76 million follow-on offering, a sell-side advisory assignment for a wireless quality monitoring platform vendor, and a $38 million acquisition of a credit facility for a satellite and wireless equipment vendor.
- Led the sole-managed execution of a $40 million registered direct offering for a GPS manufacturer; represented the firm on follow-on offerings for a networking equipment vendor ($90 million) and a thin client solutions vendor ($76 million).
- Developed extensive knowledge of the communications infrastructure sector, focusing on network, service and application management software; wireline and wireless carrier application software; carrier billing and customer care software; application networking; wireless infrastructure equipment; and communications test and measurement.
- Generated and pitched M&A ideas.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Placement, Public Offerings, Valuation, Corporate Finance, Pro Forma Financial Statements, Financial Modeling, Due Diligence, Investor Decks, Investor Memoranda
Associate, Investment Banking
Gerard Klauer Mattison & Co., Inc.
1994 - 2001
- Completed 30 investment banking transactions totaling $1.3 billion in the technology, telecommunications, media & entertainment and consumer products sectors.
- Assumed a leading role in due diligence, document drafting and marketing activities on several public offerings, private placements, and exclusive sale assignments.
- Managed all the aspects of several sale assignments; identified potential acquirers, and contacted senior-level management for clients.
- Prepared memoranda, structured the offering, solicited investors, and managed the marketing process for several private placements.
- Directed the preparation and assisted in the presentation of several fairness opinions.
- Reviewed business plans and formulated recommendations on potential transactions involving Web technology, information security, eCommerce, enterprise, and multimedia software companies.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Placements, IPOs, Public Offerings, Financial Modeling, Valuation, Fairness Opinion Reports, Corporate Finance, Due Diligence, Pro Forma Financial Statements, Investor Decks, Investor Memoranda
Strategy Research Analyst
1993 - 1994
- Analyzed various existing and potential competitive offerings in the emerging residential broadband and wireless communications markets for Fortune 500 clients; developed strategic insights and created presentations outlining findings.
- Managed a GIS project forecasting U.S. residential deployment of broadband interactive networks by the service provider and zip code over the next decade.
- Gathered extensive market research and competitive intelligence on the technology, media, and telecommunications industries.
Focus areas: Valuation, Competitive Analysis, Market Research, Strategy, Management Consulting, Business Forecasting, Market Opportunity Analysis