Toronto, ON, Canada
Member since September 9, 2017
Reporting to the CEO, Himanshu currently leads all corporate finance activities of a solar power developer (Grasshopper Solar). Previously, as a financial advisor, he helped infrastructure companies raise over $7 billion in debt and equity financing. As a freelancer, he assists clients across a wide range of markets, geographies and company maturities in building financial projections, planning, budgeting, and fundraising.
- Director, Corporate Finance2016 - PRESENTGrasshopper Solar
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Corporate Finance, Project Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Equity Financing, Capital Raising, Financial Modeling, Financial Model Auditing
- Developed a group financial model to forecast capital requirements, budgets, and profitability.
- Created financial models and project reports for fresh projects; presented them to lenders to arrange project financing.
- Solicited lenders, reviewed term sheets, and participated in negotiations to successfully arrange low-cost financing to replace existing debt.
- Evaluated potential acquisition opportunities, computed valuations, conducted risk analysis and participated in negotiations to fruitfully close five acquisition transactions in the last 12 months.
- Introduced hedging mechanisms in the company and managed the hedging of the entire US dollar-denominated debt through forwards and swaps.
- Assistant General Manager - Project Finance2015 - 2016Acme Cleantech Solutions
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Project Finance, Capital Investment Appraisals
- Created monthly, department-wise corporate finance plan for the group and presented it to top management.
- Prepared comprehensive financial models and appraisal reports of new projects; presented them to prospective lenders for debt financing.
- Managed relationships with lenders, negotiated term sheets, and reviewed draft loan documents for execution of project debt transactions.
- Facilitated refinancing of operational projects to optimize cost of debt and increase net equity returns.
- Worked closely with business development team to prepare tariff bids for RFP processes, ensuring the bids satisfied internal hurdle benchmarks and risk-return profile.
- Manager2011 - 2015SBI Capital Markets
Focus areas: Project Finance, Corporate Finance, Financial Modeling, Financial Restructuring, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Working Capital Management
- Built comprehensive and dynamic financial models to exhibit future projections under varied scenarios of inputs.
- Prepared comprehensive appraisal reports and loan applications to provide credit and underwriting recommendations for lenders.
- Reviewed term sheets and draft loan documents, negotiated with lenders on behalf of the clients, and successfully executed debt raising transactions.
- Analyzed reasons for the financial distress of clients and built debt restructuring plans.
- Prepared pitch reports and exhaustive presentations for M&A transactions and negotiated valuation and transaction structure.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in Finance2010 - 2012CFA Institute - USA
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in Finance2009 - 2011Indian Institute of Management - Kozhikode, India