Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Member since February 5, 2017
Ian is a financial consultant who primarily focuses on helping startups and small and medium-sized enterprises with source funding, write business plans, build out robust financial models, market research, and valuation analysis. He's worked with many international companies across the US, Latin America, Europe, and Australia. Ian enjoys working as a freelancer as it offers the freedom to choose his projects and also travel in South America.
- Financial Analyst2017 - PRESENTSales & Orders
- Constructed a financial model for internal projections and external fundraising.
- Built sales analysis tool for internal use; MRR, CLTV, CAC, and so on.
- Implemented a SaaS company analysis.
- Advised on specific accounting issues.
- Financial Analyst2016 - PRESENTAcuteIQ
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Entrepreneurial Finance
- Built a financial model for various different business models (changing from a commission based on SaaS).
- Assisted in the preparation of pitch deck, a business plan, and a financial model for venture capital and angel investors.
- Financial Analyst2017 - 2018Elemental Snacks
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Created a detailed financial model with various product streams which launch at different times and scale at different rates.
- Built out a detailed comparison table for actuals and projection to present to investors.
- Made multiple sales channels and payment terms to evaluate changing cash needs.
- Financial Analyst2016 - 2018Franchise Consulting Company
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Financial Modeling, Entrepreneurial Finance
- Built financial models for various franchise companies and assisted in the preparation of FDD documentation.
- Created the template model and business plan to be used for all future franchise models.
- Built models for various sectors including restaurants, vitamin stores, and day-care centers.
- Financial Analyst2005 - 2010Macquarie Group
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Business Plan Development
- Built a financial model—developed a business plan for various multi billion dollar infrastructure assets including toll roads, tank farms, and airports.
- Created a financial model for the acquisition of Giuliani Capital Advisors by Macquarie Group in 2009.
- Devised the strategy, a financial model, and pitched executives for the on balance sheet acquisition of a listed retail company worth $3 billion.
- Advised International Power on their bid to acquire NRG’s coal fired power assets in Australia.
- Built a financial model and advised International Power on their bid to acquire NRG's coal fire powered assets in Australia.
- Specialization in Operation Analytics2016 - 2016University of Pennsylvania | Coursera - Online
- Specialization in Customer Analytics2016 - 2016University of Pennsylvania | Coursera - Online
- Master's degree in Finance2007 - 2010INSEAD - France and Singapore
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce2001 - 2005University of Melbourne - Melbourne, Australia
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering2001 - 2005University of Melbourne - Melbourne, Australia