Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Iuliia is an experienced business professional with 12 years of experience in CEE's biggest multinational eCommerce, omnichannel, TV-shopping, and direct-marketing retail company. She has exceeded set targets in every role she took, whether as a managing director, regional marketing director, international marketing consultant, or marketing director. Iuliia holds an executive MBA with honors, has worked in Ukraine, Hungary, and Slovenia, and is now permanently in Italy.
Industry Analysis for a Destination Management Company in Southern Europe
Senior Marketing and Business Consultant
- Developed the Italian market research for the fintech company, TransferGo.
- Launched a medical studio in Taormina and handled the choice of the building, total renovation, and marketing mix.
- Coached a middle manager individually, who shortly after progressed from local retail manager to HQ regional retail manager with a corresponding wage increase.
Studio Moderna Doo
- Made changes to turn negative operations into a positive EBITDA in nine months after years of a declining trend and loss generating. Fulfilled the plan 100% and achieved 200% success in certain months.
- Applied a hands-on approach to form a new, successful team. Selected the team personally with controlled onboarding, provided coaching, and created a motivation system with KPIs and a succession plan. Oversaw 167 employees overall.
- Headed six sales channels, including 16 retail stores, wholesale, DRTV, DM catalogs, inbound and outbound call centers, and six websites at TopShop.si, six marketing brands, in-house TV production, finance, logistics, customer care, CRM, and HR.
- Optimized and improved track fulfillment by 50% and made changes in the warehouse to prevent logistic problems.
- Reached EBITDA targets by conducting significant cost optimizations in HR roles and tasks, marketing pricing and margins, and reallocated the marketing budget.
- Solved the company's problem with highly provisioned goods and hit the EBITDA by creating highly profitable pop-up outlets in various cities with a gross margin of 33%, taking more control over ordering goods.
Head of Regional Marketing
Studio Moderna Doo
- Led a multinational team of seven regional marketing managers located in Slovakia, Romania, Lithuania, Albania, Poland, Ukraine, and Croatia remotely. Collaborated with and managed 21 marketing departments across Central and Eastern Europe (CEE).
- Achieved group revenue of 106% and controlled the EBITDA. Developed a central marketing strategy, rolled out products, and supervised localizations.
- Approved and headed 90 multichannel campaigns weekly, including a budget, creative ideas, marketing materials, and goods.
- Created a real-time overview of campaigns in 22 markets for top management. Conducted a quarterly presentation or alignment of the group marketing plan, including planned campaigns, sales, and projections, for a CEO, COO, and HQ sales directors.
- Developed marketing employees' KPIs for the group and business procedures. Created a development plan and set objectives. Performed quarterly reviews. Organized a central marketing conference, educational webinars, and training sessions in the HQ.
- Decreased a group goods overstock level by 36% by executing the budget file calculation and approval for every campaign across the group.
- Built, aligned, and launched eight brands across all omnichannel customer experience touch-points, including 340 own retail stores, 180 websites, 220 TV stations, and 70 million calls in 20 languages yearly, reaching more than 360 million customers.
Regional Marketing Manager
Studio Moderna 2000 TV Shop Kft
- Headed marketing departments in Turkey, Romania, Ukraine, Hungary, Bulgaria, and Moldova. Traveled 60% of the time and shared best practices. Optimized regional marketing investments by 30% to 80% based on a campaign.
- Approved and controlled everything related to the marketing strategy and its implementation, such as ordering goods, pricing, activities, TV spots, photos, and other marketing materials. Exceeded the regional revenue and achieved an EBITDA of 130%.
- Hired and trained members of local marketing teams in the region, ensuring brand targets were either completely achieved or exceeded.
- Restarted a marketing department in Hungary by forming and training a new team and relaunching brands with a new go-to-market strategy, resulting in 56% growth of a leading brand, 22% growth in the company's revenue, and a positive EBITDA.
International Marketing Consultant
InDirect Direkt Marketing Ltd
- Consulted marketing departments in Russia, Slovenia, Ukraine, and Moldova remotely on marketing, brand strategies, new product launches, and campaigns, reaching revenue and EBITDA targets by over 100%.
- Shared excellent marketing materials among similar markets, optimizing marketing investments across the region by 30% to 80% depending on a campaign and ensuring better profitability for the markets and the group.
- Supported and kept extremely satisfied local managing directors according to their feedback. Hired and trained missing local marketing managers.
- Approved TV spots, retail POS, call center sales scripts, photos, local celebrity contracts, and all related creative materials, guaranteeing top-class performing campaigns and ensuring target fulfillment of over 100%.
Dormeo | Studio Moderna
- Hired, trained, and took the lead over seven team members, including four brand managers, a designer, a copywriter, and a print operator, whose efforts assured reach of the company's planned revenue of 109% and EBITDA.
- Created and led the implementation of a local marketing plan and advertising materials, such as TV spots, a retail POS, online ads, call center sales scripts, and training sessions, resulting in brand growth of 30% and campaign ROI of 136%.
- Executed customer database segmentation to provide personalized services and offers to the customers, ensuring the fulfillment of the company's goals.
Director of Print Sales Channel | Loyalty Club 5 Manager
Top Shop | Studio Moderna
- Established and ran direct mail business that published 11 catalogs yearly and achieved 300% revenue growth, 6.9% response rate, and a return on investment (ROI) of 60%. Exceeded the planned revenue and EBITDA.
- Managed database of 400 thousand customers, wrote copy, and organized photo shoots and layout design.
- Developed and successfully ran the loyalty program Club 5 Stars for the top 20% of company customers, increasing the repurchase rate.
- Wrote a manual on how to run direct mail or catalog business for the whole group, assuring an extremely successful business rollout in 21 countries.
Journalist | Subeditor
- Published analytical and news articles and interviews in various printed media.
- Produced international TV news on the first Ukrainian TV channel.
- Conducted research on the Ukraine-Poland media space.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (Executive MBA)
IEDC Bled School of Management - Bled, Slovenia
Master's Degree in International Economics
Kyiv National Economics University - Kyiv, Ukraine
Master's Degree in Journalism
Taras Shevchenko University - Kyiv, Ukraine
Salesforce Certified Administrator
Salesforce Certified Associate
DMA Certified Marketing Professional
Direct Marketing Association (DMA)