- Reported, wrote, edited, and published content for "Specialty Lender," a monthly for executives, bankers, and investors. Covered business strategy, funding strategy, corporate governance, valuation multiples, trends in IPO, ABS, MBS, and M&A markets.
- Managed a cadre of freelance reporters to supplement editorial content.
- Oversaw staff preparing monthly newsletter focusing content on SBA-lending programs.
- Reported on dynamics of credit card, mortgage, commercial, and auto loan markets, including subprime consumer mortgages years before the global market meltdown. Also covered over-the-counter derivatives markets for investors'/firms' risk management.
- Interviewed scores of specialty finance CEOs, high-profile investment bankers, and institutional investors.
- Researched and created graphics for various articles in "Specialty Lender," using the charting and presentation capabilities within MS Excel. Organized photos for publication and provided final edits into publishing software before publication.
- Organized and launched two monthly newsletters, designing editorial strategy, working with data content team, design of newsletters, and developed operational calendar for publication.
- Analyzed competitive dynamics of lending markets, including analysis of firms' loan underwriting, financial reporting, securitization performance, corporate governance, and share-price performance.
- Reviewed and analyzed performance of initial public offerings for specialty lenders brought by different investment banks, providing investor-useful information about how each firm's deals performed in the public markets post IPO.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Merger Benefits, Post-merger Integration, Funding Strategy, Asset Securitization, Mortgage-backed Securities, Asset-backed Securities (ABS), Consumer Lending, Asset-based Lending, Home Lending, Commercial Lending, Subscriptions, Strategy, Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Stock Market, Money Market, Market Risk, Initial Public Offerings, Valuation, Writing & Editing, Technical Writing, Technical Research, SNL Financial, Financial Analysis, SEC Financial Reporting, Financial Writer, Financial Ratios, Derivatives, Credit Default Swap (CDS), Deal Analysis, Deal Structures, Liability Valuations, Liquidation Valuation, Project Management, US GAAP, Valuation Analysis, Valuation Modeling, Valuation Multiples, Equity Valuation, Real Estate, Business Modeling, Business Analysis, Deal Structuring, M&A Modeling, Business Strategy, Investment Research, Equity Markets, SEC Disclosure, Remuneration, Financial Reporting, Mortgages, Equity, Fixed Income, Finance, Intangible Asset Valuation, Asset Valuation, Derivatives Market, Investment Banking, Investments, Competitive Strategy, Economics, Commodity Markets, Hedging, Derivative Pricing, Equity Research Analysis, Fixed Income Analysis, Accounting, Communication Strategy, Communication, Macroeconomic Analysis, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Forecasting, Pro Forma Analysis, Pro Forma Financial Statements, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Due Diligence, Due Diligence Consultant, Revenue Modeling, Distressed Assets, Non-performing Loans (NPL), Business Development, Storytelling, Investment Thesis, Investment Presentations, Financial Presentations, Journalism, M&A (Sell-side), Competitor Analysis & Profiling, Business Models, Strategic Planning, New Business Development, Market Research, Market Sizing, Case Studies, Business Cases, Modeling Cases, New Product Business Cases, Ownership, Minority Investments, Research Analysis, Fundraising, Distressed/Special Situations, Debt, Structured Finance, Exit Strategy, Financial Modeling, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Business Planning, Board of Directors, Annual Budgets, 409A Valuation, Investment Cases, Presentations, Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC), Investor Relations, Market Structures, Small & Medium-sized Enterprises (SME), Financial Markets, Fintech, DCF Valuation, Private Company Valuation, United States, Corporate Planning, Interest Rate Swaps, Swaps, Fixed-income Derivatives, Futures, Futures & Options, National Futures Association (NFA), ISDA, Equity Research, Reports, Financial Services, NASDAQ, Investor Reporting, Insurance