Fitzroy Capital (Private Equity Fund)
2016 - PRESENT
- Sourced new targets in the $5 to $100 million in profits and developing an investment thesis.
- Fundraised a $500 million private equity fund.
- Performed a valuation, financial, and risk management analysis on firms ranging from $5 to $100 million in profits.
- Drafted and negotiated term sheets and definitive contracts for investments.
- Originated exit opportunities for portfolio firms.
- Helped portfolio firms' management to gain market insights, remain competitive, increase profitability, and accelerate growth.
Focus areas: Private Equity, Financial Modeling, Financial Risk Assessment, Financial Benchmarking, Fundraising, Angel/Seed Funding, Venture Capital, Technology, Fintech, Mergers & Acquisitions, Budgeting, Business Plan Development, Business Intelligence, Contract Drafting
Managing Director, Mergers & Acquisitions
Principal Global Investors
2008 - PRESENT
- Sourced and screened new investment targets in the $5 to $200 million in profits.
- Analyzed industry trends, competitive dynamics to develop relevant expertise, and investment themes by sector.
- Evaluated potential targets—utilizing qualitative and quantitative proprietary multifactor models.
- Built and maintained detailed financial models to value potential target companies in the $5 to $200 million in profits, measure returns, and perform risk management analysis.
- Prepared a strategic fit, market dynamics, valuation/financial return models, structure, risks/mitigants, and integration plan board-level materials in order to seek approval from executive committees/board at several stages in the deal cycle.
- Drafted and negotiated terms sheets and definitive contracts for investments in the $50 million to $1 billion range.
- Conducted and coordinated due diligence.
- Accelerated the growth of portfolio firms by planning and executing their organic and inorganic growth initiatives—including operational guidance, market intelligence, human capital and talent management expertise, performance improvements, strategic, business and financial planning, and financing (both debt and equity).
- Designed optimal deal structures.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Modeling, Valuation, Fundraising, Negotations, Industry Analysis, Budgeting, Financial Reporting, Financial Risk Assessment, Financial Benchmarking, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Comparable Company Analysis, Capital Structure, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Business Plan Development
Assistant Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions
New York Life
2006 - 2007
- Built valuation models, performed financial analysis, and prepared investment thesis presentation to senior management.
- Coordinated due diligence and integration processes.
- Helped on contract drafting.
- Researched market and competitive landscapes.
Focus areas: Market Research, Equity Research, Business Intelligence, Competitive Positioning Analysis, Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Valuation Multiples, Revenue & Expense Projections, Profitability Analysis, Negotiations, Contract Drafting, Due Diligence, Capital Structure Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Financial Modeling, Financial Risk Assessment, Financial Benchmarking, Financial Reporting
Director, Mergers & Aquisitions
2004 - 2007
- Performed a valuation and financial analysis on potential M&A targets.
- Led the negotiation of term sheets and helped on the drafting and negotiations of contracts.
- Prepared and presented an investment memorandum to senior management.
Focus areas: Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Valuation Multiples, Financial Modeling, Financial Reporting, Financial Risk Assessment, Financial Benchmarking, Revenue & Expense Projections, Profitability Analysis, Due Diligence, Integration, Term Sheet/Contract Negotiations, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Data Analysis, Approval Memorandum Drafting
Assistant Vice President
2000 - 2004
- Built financial, cash flow, and valuation models for corporate loan and M&A advisory engagements.
- Helped in the preparation of an internal underwriting approval memorandum.
Focus areas: Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Valuation Multiples, Financial Modeling, Financial Risk Assessment, Financial Benchmarking, Underwriting Approval Memorandum, Corporate Loans, Portfolio Analysis, Portfolio Management