Verified Expert in Finance
Javier is a results-driven executive with 16 years of experience in middle market M&A and venture capital with 35 completed transactions and hundreds of others evaluated and negotiated. Javier is also an experienced business operator with a particular focus on FP&A, fundraising, financial reporting, treasury management, and market analysis. As a freelancer, he enjoys working with management teams to unlock value and grow their organizations.
Managing Director, Mergers and Acquisitions
Global Investment Manager
- Sourced and screened new investment targets in the $5 to $200 million in profits.
- Analyzed industry trends, competitive dynamics to develop relevant expertise, and investment themes by sector.
- Evaluated potential targets—utilizing qualitative and quantitative proprietary multifactor models.
- Built and maintained detailed financial models to value potential target companies in the $5 to $200 million in profits, measure returns, and perform risk management analysis.
- Prepared a strategic fit, market dynamics, valuation/financial return models, structure, risks/mitigants, and integration plan board-level materials in order to seek approval from executive committees/board at several stages in the deal cycle.
- Drafted and negotiated terms sheets and definitive contracts for investments in the $50 million to $1 billion range.
- Conducted and coordinated due diligence.
- Accelerated the growth of portfolio firms by planning and executing their organic and inorganic growth initiatives—including operational guidance, market intelligence, human capital and talent management expertise, performance improvements, strategic, business and financial planning, and financing (both debt and equity).
- Designed optimal deal structures.
Assistant Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions
New York Life
- Built valuation models, performed financial analysis, and prepared investment thesis presentation to senior management.
- Coordinated due diligence and integration processes.
- Helped on contract drafting.
- Researched market and competitive landscapes.
Director, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Performed a valuation and financial analysis on potential M&A targets.
- Led the negotiation of term sheets and helped on the drafting and negotiations of contracts.
- Prepared and presented an investment memorandum to senior management.
Assistant Vice President
- Built financial, cash flow, and valuation models for corporate loan and M&A advisory engagements.
- Helped in the preparation of an internal underwriting approval memorandum.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Finance
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Mathematics
University of Texas at Austin - Austin, TX, USA