Verified Expert in Finance
Jean-Christophe ran the second-best performing growth strategy at Goldman Sachs AM, raising $350 million in four years and building 100+ slide packs on the company and industry trends as the sector captain. He was an equity research analyst on TMT for eight years, ranking consistently in the top three teams. JC joined Toptal to share his expertise on forecasting growth companies, fundraising pitches, ESGs, investor relations, and his process for detecting fraud and inflated earnings.
Analysis of a Potential Acquisition
Senior Portfolio Manager
- Ran the largest growth strategy of a $4.5 billion family office, focusing on consumer, fintech, and TMT sectors.
- Achieved the fastest asset raising in the company's history, tripling those under my supervision in the first nine months with mandates from endowments, family offices, and institutional investors.
- Contributed to the top decile ranking of all growth strategies globally, despite being a part of large asset management and leveraging only our in-depth analysis of companies and trends.
- Focused on secular trends, such as the generational change from millennials and Generation Z, running five webinars on those themes attended by 200+ investors and family offices. Built thought leadership via thematic papers.
- Built the company's first ESG and sustainability process with 120+ metrics to evaluate businesses and industries, including multiple engagements with the companies in the portfolio.
- Created the company's first fraud and earnings inflation detection process for a short book of our growth strategy. The short book delivered 20% performance in the first years with Peloton, Roku, and S4Capital.
- Ranked in the second percentile over three years out of 4,000 global funds, the highest rank at Goldman Sachs AM (GSAM) across all public equity strategies.
- Acted as a deputy portfolio manager (PM) to the CIO of international equity on GSAM's primary global equity strategy with $4 billion of assets under management.
- Served as the sector captain for Goldman Sachs international equities, focusing on TMT.
- Delivered the second fastest asset raised in my division, growing assets under management five times over my tenure as the lead portfolio manager. Achieved the third largest inflows of all GSAM in 2019.
- Performed in-depth coverage of TMT, fintech, and industrial technology sectors, meeting hundreds of managers over the years, from private startups to tech mega caps. I had a one-week trip to Silicon Valley every quarter, meeting dozens of managers.
Senior Investment Analyst
ING Investment Management
- Ran a long-short strategy focused on global TMT. Delivered the second-best performance of all sectors globally over the six years working at ING Investment Management.
- Served as the lead analyst on the firm's global telecoms and co-lead on global technology. Both performances have ranked globally in the top decile of their respective categories over three years.
- Built an extensive set of company models and delivered regular updates on my sector to all stakeholders on the debt and equity side.
- Ranked as the second-best stock picker in Europe by the Financial Times and StarMine for 2018.
- Covered one-quarter of the TMT sector, servicing the 40 largest hedge funds and institutional investors. Ranked among the top 20 analysts in Europe for client coverage as voted in an investor survey.
- Involved in two of the largest initial public offerings of 2017 and 2018.
- Covered large, complex telecoms, media, and industrial conglomerates, accounting for one-quarter of the industry's market capitalization.
- Performed report analysis, modeled consolidation in the telecoms and media industries, and built scenarios of future consolidation. Earned Report of the Month.
- Upgraded a stock that resulted in a performance for which I earned Call of the Month.
- Initiated coverage of complex companies spanning the telecommunications industries.
- Contributed to a team ranked second in Europe in an institutional investor survey.
- Participated in industry-leading sector coverage as part of a global team based in the US, Japan, China, and Europe.
Master's Degree in Accounting and Finance
ESCP Business School - Paris, France
Bachelor's Degree in History
Paris Nanterre University - Nanterre, France
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring