President and COO2011 - 2019Guest Services, Inc.
- Led all operations of the company, including dining services, hotel and condominium management, recreation services, national and state park operations, produce processing and wholesaling, and senior living facility management. Managed a team of eight vice presidents, which in turn managed 4,000 professionals. Reported directly to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Created and implemented business development strategies resulting in top-line revenue growth from $200 million to over $450 million in 2018.
- Added recreation services and senior living management divisions to the company’s portfolio of businesses resulting in overall margin expansion and a significant new pipeline of business opportunities.
- Led the negotiation and purchase of two multi-million dollar companies and the successful operational and cultural integration of the workforces.
- Established a high performing management team and corporate culture that emphasized respect, integrity, and achievement.
CFO2001 - 2011Guest Services, Inc.
Focus areas: Financial Management
- Led all financial, accounting, purchasing, and IT operations. Managed a staff of 70 professionals.
- Worked with senior leadership to identify and analyze key profit drivers in all business lines, which resulted in an average 50% margin improvement across business lines.
- Evaluated hundreds of business opportunities with the business development team to focus the company’s resources on only the highest NPV projects.
- Worked closely with the company’s auditors, banks, and insurance carriers to improve the company’s financial reporting processes and reduce financial and operating risks.
CFO1998 - 2000Travelscape
- Played a key role in establishing the company’s corporate strategy, developing its management team, and molding the company into an attractive IPO or acquisition candidate.
- Established the business plan and strategy that grew the company’s revenue from $21 million in 1998 to $150 million in 2000. Increased the company’s footprint from just Las Vegas to the entire United States.
- Led two rounds of private financing and the company’s IPO efforts, which were ultimately canceled in favor of the sale to Expedia.
- Maintained relationships and reporting requirements with the company’s auditors, investment bankers, and investors.
- Co-founded the company.
Investment Analyst1994 - 1998Fertitta Enterprises
- Responsible for idea generation, research and analysis, financial modeling, report preparation, investment presentations, and portfolio management.
- Built financial models of public companies to evaluate for investment.
- Analyzed and created financial models for private company investment.
- Completed detailed competitive analyses for the industries in which the company was invested.
Senior Auditor1991 - 1994KPMG
- Responsible for the development and implementation of audit plans.
- Supervised audit staff, preparing and reviewing financial statements, including SEC forms 10-K and 10-Q.
- Reviewed SEC registration statements for public equity and debt offerings.