Verified Expert in Finance
Jerry's completed over $10 billion in M&A transactions from early-stage companies to multinationals in Europe and the US, notably the exit of the healthcare innovator CareLinx to Generali. His experience also covers equity analyst, hedge funds, public accounting practice, and CFO roles and helping companies to develop KPIs, dashboards and financial strategy. Jerry joined Toptal to bring his analytic and modeling skills to a variety of companies.
The Movement Athlete
- Created LTV/CAC calculations by using aggregate accounting data in the absence of app and website analytics to secure additional funding.
- Built dashboard templates and worked with CEO, data analyst, head of product, and head of marketing.
- Constructed a financial model for internal projections and external funding efforts.
- Provided a data-driven strategy review which resulted in shifting the channel strategy away from content/blog marketing to more scalable CPC and referral-driven strategies.
- Worked closely with CEO; based on the budgeting analysis I chose to postpone specific development work to better manage cash burn.
- Built a financial model for internal projections and external fundraising efforts.
- Conducted product development interviews with new potential verticals and use cases for the company's cryptocurrency enabling middleware (eg Asset Management, ICO/STO, payment processing).
- Prepared pricing strategy analysis.
- Researched TAM and value proposition for extension into new use cases and prepared draft marketing and business development materials.
Largo Films SA
- Recommended a strategic pivot from its weak B2C short film streaming service to a B2B model, using its artificial intelligence tool for enhancing returns on movie production. Prepared the financial model and analyzed 1) lower go-to-market financial requirements and 2) more topical investment theme for early-stage investors, leveraging patents and its database. This resulted in a beta install with a major European film distributor, selection by the Swiss government to be promoted as a leading tech company, an active sales pipeline, and strong investor interest for a new round.
- Prepared a KPI dashboard to track performance, based on my financial model's bottom-up channel strategy and top-down addressable market analysis.
- Prepared a pitch deck and business plan material for an upcoming funding round.
- Prepared the calculation of a client's ROI for marketing the AI tool and drafted a video demo storyboard.
- Participated in the recruitment for an enterprise sales hire.
Advisor to CEO
- Built a financial model for internal projections and external fundraising efforts, including the sale of the company to a trade buyer.
- Drew up a churn analysis using SQL downloads to excel and Saleforce.com data to better understand sources of churn, resulting in new sales procedures and selection of AdWords.
- Presented a financial model and calculations for unit economics and budget to prospective investors.
- Prepared a management discussion and analysis for the board.
- Reviewed and supplied slides for the slide deck.
- Doubled the commissions at all key accounts and for the territory overall. Repaired relations with Denver's major institutional investment funds (Janus, Thornburg, Arrowmark, etc.) and was successful in introducing the product, nurturing relationships, and increased banking and brokerage income by 100%.
- Generated numerous non-deal roadshows (a key metric for broker votes and commissions) by reaching out to public company CFOs in my own professional network through outreach and networking at Stifel conferences.
- Improved the IPO and secondary deal flow orders in Denver by 500%.
European Equity Institutional Sales
- Drove annual revenue generation from ~$1 million to $5+ million for European research content to institutional investment funds from the West Coast, Denver and Texas.
- Generated numerous non-deal roadshows by reaching out to public company CFOs within own professional network through outreach and networking at Jefferies conferences.
Bellman Walter Capital
- Outperformed peer group for Market Neutral Long/Short investments: +0.5% vs -15.7% for 2008 and +15% vs +8.2% for 2009 (Peer data from Hennessee Group and seekingalpha.com).
- Marketed new fund creation and analysis with a successful raise of $883 million for fund inception in 2008.
Publishing Sellside Analyst
- Built out large cap telecommunications industry coverage.
- Created a SMID TMT research team and provided coverage.
- Was asked to be a frequent interviewee on CNBC Europe, Bloomberg (TV and News Service) and other financial press outlets.
SG Cowen/Société Générale
- Executed over $10 billion in client M&A transactions and supervised teams of 3-12 professionals per transaction.
- Marketed and originated $1-6 million per year in commissions as an industry M&A Director.
- Worked with a variety of clients including Warner Bros., Telecom Italia, Canal+, Vivendi, Havas, Jet Multimedia, Bouygues, Canal Digital Norway, Airbus, and the French State.
- Trained junior personnel (analysts and associates) from execution pool.
- Built a TMT team with a business partner.
- Qualified as a certified public accountant.
- Was promoted to the position of audit senior and was the youngest transfer from PW NY office to PW London, after two years.
- Focused on financial services (banking, brokerage, and asset management).
- Prepared special studies on portfolio insurance and client VAT.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Finance
University of Chicago - Chicago, IL, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and Economics
State University of New York at Albany - Albany, NY, USA
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)