Verified Expert in Finance
Jerry is an expert in financial modeling, valuation, M&A, fintech, startups, and debt and equity capital raising. He previously founded a venture-backed fintech company that raised over $12 million in equity and $250 million in debt capital. Jerry worked in corporate treasury for Fortune 500s and advised on LBO transactions and high-yield debt capital raises. As a Toptal freelancer, he wants to offer his expertise to a broader group of companies at all stages.
Edtech Merger Valuation
- Advised the executive director on new go-to-market technology products, strategies, and sustainable funding.
- Helped review a Gates grant application that resulted in the largest grant to the organization to date.
- Led an exercise to identify potential opportunities to monetize the platform to create a sustainable funding model.
Founder & CEO
Lend Street Financial
- Raised $12 million in venture capital and $250 million in debt capital.
- Developed an underwriting approach that outperformed FICO by 116 points.
- Built and syndicated a profitable loan product to institutional investors.
- Selected to integrate the inaugural cohort of Launch with GS, Goldman Sachs' business accelerator.
Associate, Financial Sponsors
Bank of America
- Advised on transactions with an aggregate value of over $2 billion in high-yield debt capital.
- Analyzed credit considerations for a $15 billion leverage financial proposal to support the acquisition of a consumer product company by a consortium of private equity firms.
- Conducted discounted cash flow (DCF), optimal capital structure, and weighted average cost of capital (WACC) analyses, advising clients on strategic financial initiatives for funding future employees' benefit obligations.
Treasury Analyst, Banking Relations & Trade Finance
- Redesigned the banking relations evaluation process reducing the cycle time by three days while increasing the scope and quality of data provided to senior management.
- Managed a pilot test and trained requestors, approvers, and facilitators for a global Six Sigma project to improve contingent liability requests and tracking processes. This project earned the Pinnacle and the Alexander Hamilton awards.
- Reviewed and analyzed contingent liability requests from the subsidiaries and drafted recommendations to the treasurer and CFO.
Sports Agent Trainee
- Designed the pitch deck for an NFL draft prospect highlighting the firm's capabilities, the comparable athletes, the draft slot, and the expected compensation analysis. The presentation resulted in the client signing with the agency.
- Completed comparative salary analysis for our clients who were free agents ahead of the free agency period to determine appropriate parameters for contract negotiation.
- Wrote a story comparing our two top clients going into the draft and highlighted their relative family background, skill set, and production. We pitched the story to media outlets, and it made the front page of the ESPN website.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
University of Virginia - Charlottesville, VA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
University of Florida - Gainesville, FL, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring