Verified Expert in Finance
Jesse co-founded an entertainment center business, which he grew to three locations in under two years. As VP of strategy and development at a PE-backed construction services company (now Nasdaq: BBCP), he helped the company acquire eight businesses and expand to the UK. He joined BBCP from the private equity acquisition team. He began his career in restructuring investment banking at Rothschild. Jesse freelances to continue working on challenging finance projects while he grows his business.
Archery Games Denver
- Opened an entertainment center focused on the game of Archery Dodgeball for birthdays, bachelors, team building, etc. Leased and developed the facility, developed marketing plans, hired and trained staff, and achieved profitability in year one.
- Acquired Archery Arena (Cincinnati, Ohio) from prior owner. Upgraded facility and repositioned the marketing strategy to increase focus on SEO.
- Co-founded Ultimate Archery under our own brand. Leased space, completed the build out, and launched in Sterling, Virginia.
JHW Advisory, LLC.
- Conducted due diligence and developed a financial model and investment presentation for investment into an Australian specialty forestry company. Presented findings to US-based family offices and received $100+ million of equity financial commitments.
- Conducted due diligence and developed a financial model for investment into a European mining company. Presented due diligence to family offices and signed LOI for equity financing commitment.
- Assisted a PE-backed company with financial due diligence and quality of earnings analysis of M&A target. Reconciled trial balances to management financial statements and produced a summary of key financial statement trends.
- Prepared financial projections for a SaaS start-up for a fundraising process. Revamped the company's existing model to develop a bottoms-up financial plan based on its B2B sales team strategy and expected KPIs.
Vice President, Strategy and Development
Concrete Pumping Holdings
- Grew EBITDA by ~75% through a combination of tack-on acquisitions (five domestic and three international) and organic growth initiatives, expanding the company's presence in the US southeast and into the UK.
- Led integration of the company’s first international acquisition through a three-month secondment in the UK. Developed and implemented an integration plan in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Led annual budgeting and prepared 12-month cash/liquidity forecasts to facilitate capital allocation decision process. Evaluated financial risk/reward of capital allocation options including M&A, capital expenditures, and debt repayment.
- Implemented a monthly management reporting package including new utilization and return on asset metrics by branch to better compare and maximize fleet returns.
- Developed a monthly management reporting package and prepared Board materials. Attended and actively participated in Board meetings.
- Led financial modeling for private equity targets and prepared investment committee materials. Coordinated with key stakeholders and third-party vendors to complete due diligence and expeditiously close acquisitions.
- Acquired Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping; merged with Eco-Pan owned by management team; issued $140 million of Senior Secured Notes and raised undrawn ABL credit facility.
- Completed a distressed loan purchase of a metal coil coating business with four facilities throughout the eastern US; restructured loan into control equity; raised new ABL credit facility.
Aurora Resurgence Management Partners
- Built financial models and developed investment memorandum materials for prospective investments at $636 million PE fund focused on distressed or undervalued middle-market businesses. Top decile fund for 2007 vintage year.
- Acquired Paris-based collapsible aluminum packaging company with operations in Europe and Mexico. Led post-close financial budgeting and optimization planning.
- Oversaw investment in off-airport parking real estate portfolio under Management Services Agreement with The Parking Spot. Worked closely with company management to optimize the eCommerce marketing strategy.
Bachelor's Degree in Commerce
University of Virginia - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring