João Paulo Pezzato Hellmeister
Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Joao is a professional with 11+ years of experience in project management, business consulting, internal control, internal audit, and compliance. He has a proven track record in managing complex projects from inception to delivery. Fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and MS Office knowledge, Joao is committed to freelancing excellence and is looking to add value by improving companies' governance processes.
Business Process Controls Lead | SOX
Archer Daniels Midland - ADM
- Mapped internal controls related to the overall commodity trade and risk management (CTRM) process and provided risk assessment.
- Reviewed the existing control matrix to assess the design and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Rehauled data conversion performed for numerous data objects to assure completeness and accuracy of data to meet SOX requirements.
Senior Manager | Advisory
Apter – Tax, Advisory & Outsourcing
- Helped in building the consulting line of service of the firm, structuring solutions and go-to-market strategy, setting up the team effort, and prospecting clients.
- Hired and trained a team of consultants to help deliver the projects. I was in charge of the team's development, coaching, and feedback.
- Managed and delivered complex engagements related to business consulting, project management (PM), internal controls, internal audit, and compliance.
Operations and Controlling Specialist
- Oversaw the rollout of ERP systems to bring efficiency to internal processes.
- Designed and implemented controls for day-to-day operations.
- Managed day-to-day operations in production, logistics, client success (orders fulfillment, deliveries, and quality), and sales (purchasing and delivery).
Senior Consultant | Advisory
- Delivered external audit engagements related to internal controls for IT and business processes and executed computer-aided audit tests (CAAT) for SOX and non-SOX companies.
- Provided internal audit and consulting engagements related to process review, risk assessment, and internal controls for both SOX and non-SOX companies.
- Handled business consulting engagements related to project management office (PMO) activities, change management, data migration, and others.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Property Management
Centro Universitário UniMetrocamp | Wyden - Campinas, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Universidade Estadual Paulista – UNESP - Sao Paulo, Brazil