Jordan T. Mezoff
Verified Expert in Finance
Jordan is a driven senior finance professional with extensive experience developing dynamic financial models for M&A transactions, growth strategy evaluation, P&L forecasting, pricing, etc. He's also leveraged his leadership experience to execute several M&A and commercial deals as well as business process optimization and cost savings initiatives. Jordan now freelances to enjoy productive and exciting work alongside the freedom of freelancing.
Manager of Corporate Strategy & Finance
- Currently exploring the technological drivers, operational requirements, use cases, and ecosystems for mobile/multi-access edge computing (MEC), private LTE (e.g., CBRS OnGo), industrial IoT (IIoT)/industry 4.0, and smart city infrastructures.
- Served as a strategy and finance manager at SBA Communications with responsibilities including corporate development initiatives, growth strategy, technology roadmaps, and innovation-related initiatives to launch/create new business lines.
Business Manager, FiberNet Direct
Crown Castle International
- Executed the initial phase of a $1.5 billion sale of a business unit by managing the workflows of cross-functional teams, developing pitch book materials, and creating diligence analysis/artifacts for senior leadership at a former parent company, business unit executives, and prospective buyers.
- Designed the new product development process for modular data centers.
- Toured a manufacturing facility and conducted informational meetings and discussions with the vendor COO, EVP of sales, and various engineers; as well as select vendor business partners, executives from the local utility that conducted the pilot program.
- Provided the overall evaluation of the opportunity via a presentation to the business unit president and executive team on the operational viability and economic potential of modular data centers as a new product offering.
- Forecasted a monthly financial performance to enhance the future state of the business by incorporating historical trends to refine outlook, developing proactive plans to enhance profitability, and driving attainment of annual financial targets (~$150 million revenue, ~$80 million EBITDA, ~$25 million net income, $100 million CapEx).
- Reduced recurring costs by ~$0.8 million—leading the effort to identify obsolete network components and disconnect associated services.
- Developed and incorporated the process to proactively tighten the internal mechanisms for assessing related spending to correct the issues identified during the cleanup process.
- Authored a brief on small cell technology—leveraging insights from wireless infrastructure companies for the business unit president. Information was used for internal development and negotiations with potential customers/partners.
Senior Deals Consultant
PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwC IL)
- Spearheaded the efforts to carve out the back office functionality and estimate additional requirements of the standalone entity for the $2.7 billion sale of the private label foods business within the global packaged food client. The project included interviewing key senior leadership to develop a comprehensive understanding of existing support structure, disentangling relevant spend data from financials, and building a defensible model for people, property, technology, and vendor spend of the newly created entity.
- Executed the successful integration of multiple mattress retailers (~$600 million in deal value, ~900 stores) to support the client’s strategy of becoming the first coast-to-coast mattress retail chain in the US. This included the acquisition of the largest West Coast mattress retail chain, with approximately 310 retail stores across 5 states.
- Led modeling efforts for estimating costs associated with the investment thesis behind a private equity client's rationale for acquiring a publicly traded women’s retail conglomerate for $2.2 billion and taking it private. The project included creating a new target operating model for the business to split into five entities, restructuring the associated organizations, applying factors to account for the loss of economies of scale/excess layers of management, and estimating one-time costs for efforts to execute disentangling said conglomerate into 5 new entities.
- Executed the successful integration of a major financial institution carve-out into a secure cash services company, part of a portfolio of companies held by a key private equity client for the firm.
- Supported the initial development and deployment of an integration management office (IMO) for a $38 billion global mega-merger between two oilfield service companies.
Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Developed a financial model/tool to track costs, per aircraft, variant, and contract that were designed and manufactured as part of the system design and development (SDD) and low rate initial production (LRIP) contracts. The financial model was driven by custom-built Hyperion queries to provide timely insights to senior leadership on the status of assembly and production targets for the fifth-generation stealth jet fighter program.
- Led a team of stakeholders to establish a set of common processes for financial reporting which was then automated via a software-based tool to facilitate the alignment, consistency, and efficiency of associated reports used by all levels of management within the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program.
- Created financial and performance management analyses, in collaboration with technical and scheduling counterparts, as well as projected monthly spend for the JSF Global Sustainment organization (~$100M of annual spending).
- Conducted variance analyses on both the JSF and naval helicopter programs; investigating the main drivers behind various key metrics when they fell outside of expected ranges.
- Developed financial models to track and project financial and operational performance for the radio frequency and senior management team on the naval helicopter program.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance & Strategy
Southern Methodist University - Dallas, TX, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
Ohio State University - Columbus, OH, USA