Joseph Orsi, CFA
Verified Expert in Finance
Joseph is a driven financial analyst with more than six years of experience working at a top Wall Street bank in New York City and assisting more than 60 startups and small corporations with FP&A projects. He has been directly involved in raising more than $100 million in venture debt and equity capital. Joseph is an active CFA charterholder and has a bachelor's degree in finance.
- Managed a consultancy providing FP&A support to C-level executives at startups and established companies from a vast array of industries, including oil and gas, auto lending, pharmaceutical, property management, and digital gaming.
- Participated in raising more than $1 billion of venture debt and equity capital, executing acquisitions larger than $12 million, and deploying $30 million into public equity investments.
- Ranked as a top freelancer on a leading platform, appearing on the first page of multiple top searches, consistently maintaining top-rated status, and never receiving negative feedback or a review below 4.5 stars.
- Built complex financial models, performed company valuations, assessed acquisition opportunities, crafted investment pitch decks and business plans, and conducted industry and competitor research.
- Supervised a network of consultants working remotely from locations around the world.
- Specialized in fintech space, building complex lending models for multiple startups which were used to raise $1 billion worth of debt facilities.
Private Equity Consultant
- Built complex LBO models supporting $400 million of direct investments.
- Worked directly with senior managing directors and target management teams to perform due diligence on prospective deals.
- Completed two deals in the cruise and aviation industries.
- Assisted in the management of a $30+ million publicly traded equities portfolio.
- Performed fundamental analyses on distressed investments in industries disrupted by COVID-19 including oil and gas, aircraft manufacturing, and financials.
- Crafted investment write-ups and built valuation models in support of investment recommendations.
- Managed investor outreach for a Series B institutional investment round resulting in a $20 million investment at $70 million post-money valuation.
- Built a complex financial model that was used to develop and communicate a financial forecast to investors and establish a valuation range.
- Created a 409A valuation to establish the cost basis for employee stock-based compensation.
Investment Management Analyst
- Participated in the front-office analyst program consisting of six weeks of training on capital markets, technical skills, and firm culture with analysts from around the world; an ongoing continuing education program; and professional mentorship.
- Supported a team tasked with the execution of initiatives to produce scale and expansion across the investment management business, which oversees $500 billion in assets for financial advisors, retirement plans, endowments, and foundations.
- Optimized a $2 billion managed accounts business: performed competitor research to establish price ranges, collaborated with outside research firms to assess industry conditions, and built pricing models to calculate optimal fee and account minimums.
- Coordinated an end-to-end feasibility assessment and implementation of a $200 million investment mandate within a foreign government pension system in a new international market.
- Developed managed account investment vehicles for hedged equity and fixed income strategies, replicating the performance of existing mutual fund vehicles while maintaining collateral requirements and offering benefits of a managed account structure.
- Created and updated monthly reports tracking key operating metrics for each business segment and periodically presented key trends to the chief operating officer of funds and institutional.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance
Kansas State University - Manhattan, KS, USA
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)