Verified Expert in Finance
Financial Modeling Expert
Josh is an investment banker turned VC who lives in Denver, CO. At Morgan Stanley, he covered the world's top hedge funds and sold over $5 billion in IPOs for companies like Alibaba, LendingClub, GrubHub, and more. He also has experience in M&A, startup fundraising, and as a founder. Currently, Josh is one of the managing partners of Konvoy Ventures, a VC firm focused on esports and video gaming.
Konvoy Ventures (VC Firm)
- Raised a sub-$100 million VC fund. The LP base includes large family offices and high-net-worth individuals, and the portfolio includes nine investments (to date).
- Spoke regularly at conferences across the United States.
- Actively invested in media and entertainment, specifically in esports and video gaming companies.
Institutional Equity Sales
- Leveraged Morgan Stanley equity research, technical indicators, trading activity, investor trends, and reputable colleagues to generate transaction-oriented trade ideas that created alpha for our 200+ institutional clients.
- Sold IPOs, follow-on offerings, and block trades to institutional asset managers, such as Alibaba, Rocket Internet, Emaar Malls Group, and Naspers.
- Pitched, discussed, and monetized Morgan Stanley's content and platform for equity research.
- Developed and wrote content for client distribution, including market commentary, investor positioning, global events analyses, and political risk assessments.
- Built my own technical and fundamental models that were linked with Bloomberg formulas in order to live-update whenever refreshed. This automated my investment and market analysis process which I leveraged across my client base (top hedge funds and asset managers in the world). I can build fully functioning financial models that have formula plugins to outside data sources.
- Contributed to other ad-hoc projects, such as Global Best Ideas and the weekly “Global Reflections” note that is distributed to over 50,000 institutional clients each week.
- Utilized the experience in the energy sector that I gained after getting a geology degree in college, interning at an upstream oil and gas company in Houston (NYSE: CXPO), and spending a considerable amount of time following the sector while at Morgan Stanley.
Investment Banking Analyst
INTL FC Stone
- Executed mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory for middle-market companies in the mining, agriculture, and energy sectors.
- Prepared deal committee memoranda and pitch books to describe industry trends and companies’ fundamentals.
- Completed Capital IQ screens for comparable companies and precedent transactions analyses.
- Built financial models for middle-market deals.
- Supported Aladdin, BlackRock’s proprietary investment platform, by offering operational support for internal portfolio managers and traders.
- Created and automated custom reports for firm clients focused on position analysis, evaluating risk exposure and identifying derivative contract discrepancies and unsettled trades from the previous day.
- Joined a special working group focused on developing a new internal trading platform.
Business Plan Consultants: Who They Are And How they Create Value
Esports: A Guide to Competitive Video Gaming
Series 7 & 63 Licenses in Finance (General Securities Representative & Uniform Securities Agent)
FINRA - New York, NYC, USA
Level 1 - Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst in Alternative Investments
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst - New York City, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Business/Economics and Geology (Minor)
Wheaton College - Chicago, IL, USA