Verified Expert in Finance
Kelly relaunched her consulting practice after a 20-year financial career working with and advising well-respected startups (Vecna Robotics, Boxed) and on Wall Street (Lazard). She enjoys freelancing because it provides her the opportunity to meet so many fascinating entrepreneurs, investors, and lenders and leverage her experiences to help them maximize value and build sustainable businesses.
Interim and Consulting CFO
Common Hours, LLC
- Leveraged my significant experience in operational and strategic finance to help companies through important inflection points in their business, including high-growth periods, equity and debt financings, and ownership changes.
- Prepared many companies for fundraising from seed funding through Series B. Advised on business strategy, structure, and valuation. Created financial models, investor material, and lender packages and participated in investor and lender meetings.
- Acted as an interim CFO of an enterprise software company that had recently been acquired by a private equity fund. Fixed significant operational issues, integrated a subsequent acquisition, and guided the accounting team through its first audit.
- Acted as a part-time CFO to a direct-to-consumer accessory brand. Significantly improved margins, cash flow, and projected lifetime value of a customer during the high-growth period.
- Acted as an interim CFO for an omnichannel consumer product company. Contributed to the advancement and professionalization of the accounting department, re-stated historical financials, and prepared the company for outside capital.
- Advised community-based incubator. Provided strategic advice on funding strategies and feedback on investor pitches and material.
- Advised a European trade organization. Developed partner and funding strategies so companies can accelerate US commercialization efforts.
- Joined the company after helping them as a consultant to raise the first round of capital. Executed corporate spin-off and established stand-alone business strategy.
- Secured debt financing to manage working capital needs.
- Established and negotiated a pricing strategy to scale with strategic customers that are global leaders in logistics and retail.
- Worked closely with product and marketing teams to develop a long-term scalable product and pricing strategy.
- Built and implemented financial and operational processes across a 100-person organization and coordinated the company’s first audit.
- Created and improved partnerships with global and local manufacturing and service partners to reduce lead times, improve margins, and meet high uptime standards at sites around the country.
VP | Head of Finance
- Built finance and accounting teams from scratch and took responsibility for all financial, accounting, and treasury activities during the hyper-growth period.
- Raised $100 million in Series C funding and successfully led the company through an intense strategic investment due diligence process performed by a Fortune 100 corporate development team.
- Secured over $40 million of commitments for an asset-backed credit facility and a sale and leaseback arrangement from new lending partners to finance growing working capital needs and cap-ex projects.
- Established KPIs and budgets for the core business, which included a sizable online and offline marketing budget, as well as diverse initiatives such as a private-label product launch, a multi-million warehouse expansion, and an automation project.
- Collaborated closely with operations and engineering teams to implement and enhance third-party and proprietary systems related to procurement, inventory management, sales tax compliance, and business intelligence.
- Balanced growth and performance objectives by aligning ambitious KPIs across the organization and instilling budget discipline. The result was a significant improvement in margins, customer value, and operating cash flow.
SVP | Head of Finance
- Was responsible for all financial planning and analysis, accounting, and budgeting activities for a company engaged in manufacturing, software development and licensing, and professional services.
- Provided financial and operational support to scale a multi-million, award-winning program created in partnership with Con Edison that allows the utility to reduce stress on the grid and engage with its residential customers.
- Contributed to the development of OEM products and partnerships that provided energy management solutions. Responsible for establishing hardware and license pricing and margin-based commission structure.
CFO | VP of Corporate Development
- Was responsible for all financial, corporate, legal, and HR responsibilities. Raised first outside capital.
- Coordinated competency centers to identify potential alliances with the objective of developing OEM and licensing relationships, enhancing technology roadmap, opening new geographic channels, and improving internal processes.
- Managed business, financial, and technical due diligence for domestic and international alliances, negotiated valuations, executed legal documents, and led the integration of teams.
- Worked on strategic transactions that included Indian and acquihire to enhance resources and IP and a strategic partnership with a global facilities management firm to co-develop customer solutions.
VP, Investment Banking
- Structured investments across the capital structure of a boutique investment bank as its top-ranked associate and subsequent VP and provided acquisition financing, balance sheet restructuring, and capital structure advice to the firm’s clients.
- Performed financial and business due diligence, developed detailed financial models, evaluated strategic plans, and created investment memoranda and presentations.
- Originated, structured, and marketed over $1.5 billion of investments including bank loans, bridge loans, convertibles, private equity, PIPEs, public equity, and IPOs for clients across several industries.
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Geneseo State College - Geneseo, NY, USA