Senior Portfolio Manager2014 - PRESENTGlacier Lake Capital Advisors
Focus areas: Fund Formation, Investment Portfolio Management, Financial Modeling, Credit Lifecycle, Credit Analysis, Credit Investing
- Built credit analysis, financial modeling, and valuation tools to support investment review and approval processes.
- Established firm principles for investment selection and portfolio management processes.
- Performed due diligence on third-party vendors to support investment research and back-office operations.
- Participated in recruiting of team members.
- Completed market research for an external marketing presentation and offering memorandum.
Vice President2012 - 2013Lone Star Funds/Hudson Advisors, LLC
Focus areas: Debt Restructuring, Investment Memoranda, Investment Monitoring, Investment Summaries, Investment Briefs, Private Credit, Credit Analysis, Credit Investing
- Underwrote investment in a $300 million portfolio of senior secured loans to middle-market borrowers in the media, entertainment, gaming, and education technology industries.
- Led the restructuring of a $10 million loan to an education technology company.
- Participated in negotiations for the sale of a distressed borrower in the building products industry.
- Monitored the performance of portfolio companies and presented findings and recommendations to the investment committee.
- Coordinated loan advances and repayments with the borrower and internal operational teams.
Portfolio Manager2005 - 2012Highland Capital Management, LP
Focus areas: Investment Portfolio Management, Debt Workouts, Senior Secured Debt, Recapitalization, Financial Modeling, Investment Summaries, Investment Thesis, Bank Covenants, Debt Restructuring, Credit Analysis, Credit Reviews, Credit Investing
- Managed a credit investment portfolio of more than $2.5 billion consisting of below investment grade assets ranging in quality from performing loans to defaulted credits and post-reorganized equities.
- Provided credit research and analysis for more than 100 companies in the airline, travel services, broadcasting, diversified media, and gaming industries.
- Organized and led large investor groups in the negotiation of improved pricing and terms for broadly syndicated loans ranging from less than $500 million to more than $5 billion that were at risk of default.
- Collaborated with large investors in successful restructurings of broadly syndicated loans ranging in size from less than $100 million to more than $5 billion in the entertainment, gaming, and broadcasting industries.
- Served on the firm's credit committee, which reviewed and approved new investment proposals.
- Led team of three portfolio managers and three portfolio analysts covering more than $5 billion of below investment grade assets across more than 200 companies.
Senior Associate2001 - 2005Seabury Group, LLC
Focus areas: Asset-based Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Cash Management, Financial Restructuring, Debt Restructuring
- Participated in restructuring negotiations for complex commercial aircraft debt and lease financings totaling more than $1 billion.
- Built analytical tools to support negotiation of a multi-billion dollar aircraft order for a major international airline.
- Performed due diligence on behalf of private equity firms evaluating potential investments in airlines and aircraft portfolios.
- Supported liquidity management initiatives for airline clients during their Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization processes.
- Collaborated with airline clients to identify cost reduction opportunities as part of their Chapter 11 plans of reorganization.
Senior Associate1998 - 2001Ernst & Young (now Cap Gemini)
Focus areas: Cost Management, Finance Process Improvement
- Supported new business development initiatives in the airline and telecommunications industries.
- Developed a cost allocation methodology for specialty retailer facing Congressional scrutiny.
- Built analytical tools to assist the retailer in rationalizing its store base.
Senior Analyst1995 - 1998American Airlines, Inc.
Focus areas: Comparable Company Analysis, Economic Value Added, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Capital Budgeting, Budgeting
- Completed due diligence and presented recommendations supporting the spinoff of assets and related costs into a new $100 million joint venture with an engine manufacturer for maintenance and overhaul services.
- Built Hyperion-based tools to calculate customized financial performance metrics used to determine payments for employee profit sharing and management incentive compensation programs covering more than 80,000 employees.
- Collaborated with operating departments on the development, presentation, and approval of annual operating budgets and capital investment proposals.
- Completed detailed competitive benchmarking analyses against primary competitors.
- Evaluated operational processes to identify opportunities to increase asset utilization and reduce costs and capital investment requirements.
Assistant Vice President1993 - 1995NationsBank N.A. (now Bank of America)
Focus areas: Loan Origination, Lending
- Completed a formal credit bank credit training program.
- Built financial models to support credit approval decisions.
- Completed financial analysis in support of new business development initiatives.
- Prepared and presented credit approval requests to loan committees.
- Covered industries including telecommunications, cable television, television and radio broadcasting, financial services, and manufacturing.
Senior Auditor1988 - 1991Price Waterhouse, LLC
Focus areas: Management, Audits, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Planned, supervised, and delivered audit and accounting services for clients ranging from small, private companies to large, publicly-traded market leaders.
- Served clients in the banking, investment management, real estate, energy, and retail industries.
- Participated in loan portfolio reviews and operational due diligence for the FDIC-led sale and recapitalization of the largest failed bank in US history up to that time.