Verified Expert in Finance
As a VC associate, Khaled has participated in over 10 startup investments including Kngine (acquired by Samsung). He enjoys freelancing to help wide variety of clients reach their maximum potential using his financial modeling and valuation skills. A former FP&A analyst with Vodafone, Khaled accumulated experience in investment banking, private equity ($1 billion AUM) and venture capital ($50 million fund) over the past 10 years.
Financial Advisory Senior Associate
- Valued a portfolio of fintech startups in excess of $100 million by reviewing their financial projections and benchmarked market multiples.
- Built financial models for 10+ tech startups, along with valuation reports.
- Updated quarterly valuation for a publicly listed company with more than $1 billion market cap.
- Advised a European food and beverage startup with its subscription-based business model. Built the financial model with the summary presentation to raise 4 million Euros from VCs.
- Helped SaaS startup secure venture funding to finance their marketing spend through revenue share before fundraising.
- Built a valuation model with comps for an online marketplace targeting the MENA region.
- Prepared financial projections for a client to secure bank financing in Canada for a leveraged buyout (LBO).
- Created discounted cash flow (DCF) model for a $500 million merger and acquisition deal using different scenarios.
Investment Reporting and Data Analyst
IP Private Wealth
- Conducted portfolio data analysis for over $400 million in assets under management.
- Prepared custom client reporting to analyze returns in a visually appealing dashboard.
- Developed investment-related monitoring tools using technology to support efficient scaling of the firm.
- Provided rapid and accurate market research to colleagues and clients.
- Generated deal flow through different outreach community activities creating a database of the pipeline.
- Assessed startups in the areas of eCommerce, fintech, and business software for a $50 million fund.
- Assisted in the execution of $1.5 million investment in consumer internet startup including term sheet revision.
- Reviewed the business plan and financial model for a fintech scale-up with operations in three markets, raising $6 million.
- Followed up with portfolio companies on monthly growth and operations support.
Assistant Investment Manager
- Secured a debt raise of $200 million to finance real estate project development from bank syndicates.
- Performed discounted cash flow analysis for a food and beverage company to prepare it for divestment.
- Conducted budgeting for portfolio companies to achieve targeted returns with sales growing 2x.
- Reviewed potential acquisition opportunities for mid-sized companies against the company's focus areas.
- Performed sum-of-the-parts valuation for a capital raise of a real estate company with 13 projects pre-IPO.
Investment Banking Associate
HC Securities & Investment
- Advised Hikma Pharmaceuticals, listed on the London Stock Exchange, on a $30 million acquisition of a local manufacturer.
- Built detailed financial models, including accretion and dilution, scenario analysis, and valuation.
- Prepared an executive board presentation for client approval on an acquisition deal highlighting strategic rationale, potential revenue enhancement, and cost-saving synergies.
- Sourced a regional buyer for a $100 million food and beverage company presenting a non-binding offer after analyzing its information memorandum.
- Managed deal execution, including due diligence review of tax, financial, and legal findings.
- Collaborated with different teams in developing the company's annual budget, worth $1 billion.
- Recommended cost-saving initiatives worth $20 million to maintain the company's profitability.
- Conducted variance analysis for revenue and operating expenses on a monthly basis.
- Founded the team of corporate venture capital with seven early-stage startup investments, including Kngine (acquired by Samsung, achieving 3x returns).
- Prepared investment presentations for company management toward funding approval.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
German University in Cairo - Egypt
Certified Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA)
Corporate Finance Institute, Canada