Verified Expert in Finance
Kresimir is an entrepreneur and CFO with more than two decades of experience in growth-stage startups and large corporations. He's worked in the retail, eCommerce, telecom and construction industries, most recently managing the restructuring and sale of a $40 million company to a strategic investor. Freelancing expands Kresimir's network and allows him to bring his expertise as a CFO to growing and mature businesses worldwide.
- Optimized a client portfolio in terms of revenue, profitability, and cash flow. More than 400 clients were involved, and close to 100 team members cooperated in service delivery to clients.
- Enhanced and optimized levels of resources cost considering internal and external resources. Optimized cost in a high-growth environment.
- Increased satisfaction of both clients (increase in NPS score) and engagement scores of the team.
CFO | COO
- Restructured $100 million of debt, optimized growth, and rationalized costs for a $100 million business.
- Implemented a system of KPIs which helped to identify opportunities for improvement including a 30% reduction in fixed costs and an increase in EBITDA from $2 million to $5 million.
- Built integrated three statement financial models that allowed the client to negotiate improved supplier terms, saving 10% across all contracts.
- Reduced employee-related costs by 20% which optimized the divisional headcount across the company.
- Implemented reporting system for a private equity fund that included working capital analysis, divisional and project-level P&Ls, financial statements, and forecasts.
- Implemented a CRM process that resulted in pipeline and revenue stream stabilization with clients and suppliers including Eiffage S.A., Alstom (General Electric), and Hitachi Zosen Corporation.
- Conducted financial and operational due diligence of potential acquisition targets, focusing on marketing plans, pricing, market research, benchmarking, media strategy and sales feasibility models.
- Completed two due diligence projects for the private equity acquisitions of an FMCG manufacturer and a construction firm.
- Implemented financial control processes and procedures for a small manufacturing business, resulting in an EBITDA improvement of 10%.
- Built a financial model and investor presentation for a startup health and fitness business which helped the firm generate two letters of intent from prospective investors.
- Built financial models and a robust cash flow forecast for a capital-intensive entertainment business which aided the company in raising investment capital.
- Reversed the negative sales trends and achieved 8% growth by implementing a profit center reporting matrix that enabled the organization to analyze and improve store and product-level performance.
- Implemented new metrics and incentive structures for sales management which contributed to an increase in direct sales of more than 20%.
- Led the company to a successful $20 million exit to a strategic investor.
CFO | COO
- Implemented a new reporting and KPI performance tracking system which enabled a 20% reduction in fixed costs.
- Reduced costs by 20% by optimizing employee-related expenses, renegotiating the supplier terms, improving the processes, and reducing the days in inventory from 120 days to under 100.
- Created new NPV-based store location selection models which increased the success rate of new stores from 70% to 90%.
- Implemented new compensation programs including variable pay structures that tied compensation to the revenue and profit performance of individual business units which helped to reverse negative sales trends and drive more than 8% growth.
- Built a three-statement financial model that contributed to an 8% increase in sales and a 20% reduction in direct costs.
- Identified investors, led fundraising, and created the financial model, presentation, and draft contracts for a successful $200,000 seed capital raise.
- Envisioned and designed an operational business plan for the launch of the first MVNO in Croatia.
- Created detailed marketing plan, competitive pricing strategy, and financial model for a telecom operator.
- Created the financial model that drove dynamic pricing and valuation which enabled management to adjust to new market conditions quickly and contributed to a successful round of fundraising.
Certified Master of Business Administration (CMBA) in General Management
INSEAD - Fontainebleau, France
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia