Head of Research
Valorega Research & Analytics LLP
2016 - PRESENT
- Spearheaded the research and analytics team to work on wide range of research projects, including equity research, research reports, financial modeling, market research, business valuation, industry analysis, M&A, and micro/macro-economic analysis.
- Supported a lower middle market private equity fund in financial modeling, LBO, due diligence, investment research, writing investment memos, market research, presentations, and other ad-hoc research.
Focus areas: Equity Research, Market Research, Investment Banking, Business Valuation, Primary Research (Interviews, Surveys, Focus Groups), Private Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions, Due Diligence, Primary Market Research, 409 A Valuation, Venture Capital, Financial Analysis, Pitch Deck, Initiation Coverage Reports, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Modeling & Valuation, Revenue & Expense Projections, Earnings Update Reports
Senior Associate Vice President
2012 - 2016
- Supported top sell-side clients in equity research and handled a team of 5-10 analysts. I reviewed the deliverables, including the financial/valuation model and equity research reports (initiation coverage reports, earnings update reports, event update reports, etc.). It was a sector-agnostic role covering oil and gas, industrials, mining, telecom, IT, and real estate sectors across geographic regions including the US, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, and Southeast Asia.
- Worked with reputable buy-side firms on various highly analytical projects including business valuation, financial modeling, due diligence, and analytical presentations.
- Supported bulge bracket investment banks in creating pitch decks and other fundraising documents.
Focus areas: Investment Research, Equity Research, Market Research, Due Diligence, Forensic Accounting, Business Valuation, Initiation Coverage Reports, Earnings Ananlyis , Financial Modeling & Valuation, Revenue & Expense Projections, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Trust Investment Advisors, Pvt., Ltd.
2011 - 2012
- Provided management consultancy/financial advisory services to various mid-cap as well as large-cap companies and private businesses. I was responsible for business valuation and financial analysis as well as advising and facilitating companies for M&A, corporate restructuring (such as demerger, buyback of shares) and help in raising capital through rights issues and private equity placement.
- Handled the acquisition of Cinemax India Limited by PVR.
- Provided management consultancy to a mid-cap company regarding strategic positioning, budgeting, planning, and variance analysis.
- Performed various private equity valuations and helped small businesses to raise funds.
- Managed a rights issue for Wimco, Ltd.
- Managed the de-merger of Cinemax, Ltd. and its listing on NSE & BSE.
Focus areas: Private Equity, Venture Capital, Demerger, Fundraising Presentation Development, Rights Issue, Share Buyback, Due Diligence, ESOP Valuation, Management Consultancy, Pitch Deck, Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Modeling & Valuation, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Listings on Stock Exchanges, Revenue & Expense Projections
Aranca Mumbai India, Pvt., Ltd.
2010 - 2011
- Led a team of analysts working on business valuation engagements for venture capital-backed privately held companies across multiple industry sectors.
- Understood project specifications, reviewed valuation and financial models, and detailed appraisal reports.
- Prepared and reviewed fairness opinion reports expressing opinions over the fairness of the transaction for merger and acquisition.
- Performed equity value allocation among the common and preferred capital through various methods approved under AICPA guidelines (CVM, OPM, and PWERM).
Focus areas: 409 A Valuation, Business Valuation, Market Research, Due Diligence, Feasibility Studies, Writing valuation reports, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Modeling & Valuation, Revenue & Expense Projections
Aadharshila Power Projects, Pvt., Ltd.
2002 - 2007
- Analyzed costs for real estate projects.
- Planned and drew up budgets for real estate projects.
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Revenue & Expense Projections