Head of Research
Valorega Research & Analytics LLP
2016 - PRESENT
- Spearheaded the research and analytics team.
Focus areas: Equity Research, Market Research, Investment Banking, Business Valuation, Primary Research (Interviews, Surveys, Focus Groups), Private Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions, Due Diligence, Primary Market Research, 409 A Valuation, Venture Capital, Financial Analysis, Pitch Deck, Initiation Coverage Reports, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Modeling & Valuation, Revenue & Expense Projections, Earnings Update Reports
Senior Associate Vice President
Copal Amba (A Moody's Analytics Company)
2012 - 2016
- Managed a team of equity research analysts who perform business valuation, conduct market research, build financial models, and write valuation/equity research reports.
- Supported buy-side as well as sell-side clients on various ad hoc research requirements.
Focus areas: Investment Research, Equity Research, Market Research, Due Diligence, Forensic Accounting, Business Valuation, Initiation Coverage Reports, Earnings Ananlyis , Financial Modeling & Valuation, Revenue & Expense Projections, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Trust Investment Advisors, Pvt., Ltd.
2011 - 2012
- Provided management consultancy/financial advisory services to various mid-cap as well as large-cap companies and private businesses. I was responsible for business valuation and financial analysis as well as advising and facilitating companies for M&A, corporate restructuring (such as demerger, buyback of shares) and help in raising capital through rights issues and private equity placement.
- Handled the acquisition of Cinemax India Limited by PVR.
- Provided management consultancy to a mid-cap company regarding strategic positioning, budgeting, planning, and variance analysis.
- Performed various private equity valuations and helped small businesses to raise funds.
- Managed a rights issue for Wimco, Ltd.
- Managed the de-merger of Cinemax, Ltd. and its listing on NSE & BSE.
Focus areas: Private Equity, Venture Capital, Demerger, Fundraising Presentation Development, Rights Issue, Share Buyback, Due Diligence, ESOP Valuation, Management Consultancy, Pitch Deck, Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Modeling & Valuation, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Listings on Stock Exchanges, Revenue & Expense Projections
Aranca Mumbai India, Pvt., Ltd.
2010 - 2011
- Led a team of analysts working on business valuation engagements for venture capital-backed privately held companies across multiple industry sectors.
- Understood project specifications, reviewed valuation and financial models, and detailed appraisal reports.
- Prepared and reviewed fairness opinion reports expressing opinions over the fairness of the transaction for merger and acquisition.
- Performed equity value allocation among the common and preferred capital through various methods approved under AICPA guidelines (CVM, OPM, and PWERM).
Focus areas: 409 A Valuation, Business Valuation, Market Research, Due Diligence, Feasibility Studies, Writing valuation reports, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Modeling & Valuation, Revenue & Expense Projections
Aadharshila Power Projects, Pvt., Ltd.
2002 - 2007
- Analyzed costs for real estate projects.
- Planned and drew up budgets for real estate projects.
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Revenue & Expense Projections