Manager, Open Innovation and Strategic Product Planning
2016 - PRESENT
- Conducted customer interviews, gathered sales feedback, distributed surveys, and analyzed market trends in order to develop a five-year new product development roadmap seeking to deliver $140 million in incremental revenue.
- Handled the open innovation partnership due diligence—including market segmentation, technology validation, and financial forecasting—and commercial strategy; the partnerships are expected to deliver $15 million in incremental revenue over the next three years.
- Worked closely with the president, vice president, and senior directors to develop open innovation and new product development strategy.
- Partnered with the M&A team in an effort to cultivate open innovation partner relationships for future acquisitions.
- Managed the launch of product suite from open innovation partner; developed pricing, channel, and positioning strategy to drive $1.8 million in incremental revenue in year one.
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Project Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Product Management, Marketing, Research and Development, Due Dilligence, Pricing Strategy, M&A Modeling, Revenue Modeling, Valuation Modeling, Three Statement Operating Model
University of Virginia Darden School of Business
2016 - 2017
- Authored a case study and technical note published by Darden Business Publishing that covers single-name CDS and credit index valuation as well as arbitrage techniques.
- Wrote a case study published by Darden Business Publishing that covers the proxy battle at Imation Corporation, formerly IMN on the NYSE, initiated by an activist hedge fund (the Clinton Group). The case study covered a number of finance topics, including bankruptcy, activist investing, proxy voting, turnaround strategy, and shareholder pressure at publicly traded firms.
- Worked directly with CEOs, board members, and C-suite executives to develop the cases and learning objectives from real-world experiences.
Focus areas: Market Research, Financial Modeling, Case Studies, Finance Strategy, Corporate Finance
New Richmond Ventures
2016 - 2017
- Conducted investment due diligence, including industry analysis, competitor analysis, cap table construction, multiple-based firm valuation (based on precedent transactions), DCF-based firm valuation, and model sensitivity analysis—successfully vetted, but ultimately passed on, eight potential investments.
- Attended investment pitches; where I actively questioned entrepreneurs about growth assumptions, cash flow forecasts, industry trends, future funding requirements, and exit options/timeline.
- Actively worked with portfolio companies to devise and execute growth strategies.
- Developed a unique ability to quickly and effectively identify the key aspects of any business model that would enable it to succeed.
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Venture Funding, Due Dilligence, Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Pricing Strategy, Early-stage Venture Capital, Venture Debt, Revenue Modeling, Cash Flow Modeling, Three Statement Operating Model
Global Product Manager, Structured Credit and Securitized Products
2010 - 2014
- Promoted to product manager—two years ahead of the company’s minimum experience requirement—with a mandate of limiting the revenue deterioration of a declining business unit.
- Led a nine-person, globally-based team, including software developers, lawyers, marketers, and sales team—that grew annual revenue from $9.5 million to $10 million, exceeding executive forecasts by $1.5 million.
- Reinvigorated a business unit by launching three new products—with ownership from ideation through sales/marketing; developed a new licensing model and redesigned pricing for existing products. Also negotiated two partnerships with key industry competitors, combining our respective strengths to close our product gaps; product pipeline helped to sustain revenue growth.
- Created new valuation models, responding to market trends and demand, and improved accuracy across legacy products by developing specifications, testing implementations, and releasing updates; helped grow EBITDA at a 15% CAGR and received Waters Technologies award for “Best Pricing/Valuation Provider” (2011-2013).
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Product Management, Product Development, Credit Analysis, Debt Structuring, Credit Risk, Credit Investing, Credit/Debt
2009 - 2010
- Hired and coordinated client services team to manage Maclaren Baby’s 2009 product recall; successfully fielded client demand more than 300% above forecast by devising an automated process to track and process recall requests.
- Attended portfolio company executive and board meetings in place of the managing director; took notes, delivered updates and action plans, and followed up on future deliverables.
Focus areas: Private Equity, Three Statement Operating Model, Operational Finance, Corporate Finance, Due Dilligence, M&A Modeling, Cash Flow Modeling, Revenue Modeling, Valuation Modeling, Financial Modeling