- Served as the wifi test systems business owner and site GM, owning the P&L, wifi engineering, product management, and manufacturing. Managed 70 people in five sites in the United States, Canada, and Europe and an $11 million annual budget.
- Integrated an acquired company with a startup culture into Keysight, bringing the necessary structure and process to make it a successful division. This was a major change management project.
- Spearheaded a complex re-engineering plan to improve product strategy, planning, and development; manufacturing; and customer focus. This included massive changes in processes, training, tools, equipment, leverage/reuse, and platform management.
- Replaced the entire management team in engineering, increased communications to the team and sponsors, and nurtured executive-level relationships with key customers.
- Implemented changes that significantly improved teamwork, morale, shipment quality, assurance of supply, customer-focused design, and cross-functional decision-making while reducing attrition from 20% to 2% per year.
- Created a NIST traceable manufacturing test process, reduced the backlog by 10x, and improved manufacturing quality by 5x.
- Revealed design philosophy issues inherent in the architecture and plotted a course toward future improvements, including high leverage/reuse across the entire company. Execution led to 2x revenue growth and gross profit in two years.
Focus areas: Product Management, Manufacturing, Business Team Owner, R&D, Engineering, Leadership, Leadership Development, Software QA, Production & Quality, Wireless Systems, Radio Frequency (RF), Microwave, Change Leadership, Project Leadership, Team Leadership, P&L Responsibility, Strategy, Organizational Behavior (OB), Innovation Management, Execution, Executive Leadership, New Product Development, Project Cycle Time, Engineering Management, Project Portfolio Management (PPM), Organizational Design, Emotional Intelligence, Marketing, International Commerce, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management (SCM), Risk Analysis, Negotiations, Appreciative Inquiry, Metrics, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Business Process Re-engineering, Software Development Management, Hardware Development Management, Agile Program Management, Business Strategy, Operations Improvement, Product Strategy, Electronics, Quality Management, P&L Management, Program Management, Marketing Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Leadership Strategy, Executive Presentations, New Products, Business Process Improvement (BPI), Process Improvement, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Project Management, Change Management