Chief Operating Officer2018 - PRESENTHomestead Modern
Focus areas: Modeling, Operations, Financials, Accounting
- Redesigned financial process, implementing QBO and ancillary app automation and custom designed SaaS templates to classify revenue and expenses from third party reports, resulting in a 65% reduction in accounting costs and 75% reduction in time.
- Supported successful capital raising for two new real estate development funds with high net worth individuals, through production of financial models, pitches and ad hoc analysis.
- Held full P&L responsibility for $2.5 million+ revenue company in rapid early growth stage, bringing it into profitability despite challenges of global pandemic.
- Implemented new multi-platform reservation system, redesigned and automated field operations, including scheduling, time tracking, expenses management and standardization of program elements.
- Built and trained team of three full time employees, reporting to me, to service the property management business, including field operations, guest reservations, properties and cleaning and other vendors.
Director2014 - 2017RBC Capital Markets
Focus areas: Transaction Modeling, Capital Structuring, Capital Raising, Financial Marketing, Financial Model Auditing, Corporate Finance, Investor Presentations, Capital Structure Analysis, Forecasting, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Valuation Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Finance Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Provided thought leadership and execution support on structured public M&A mandates and advised senior executives on execution strategy, vision, and market position.
- Designed and presented updates, analysis, and information to help key stakeholders make informed decisions, aided negotiations and led proposal designs.
- Ensured required internal RBC and external legal and financial market regulations were adhered to; reviewed SEC disclosures and legal documentation, and assessed risks.
- Devised, managed and reviewed numerous M&A, financing and financial forecast models across multiple industries, through close collaboration with junior banking staff and client finance team.
- Led coordinated due diligence efforts across cross-functional and cross-company teams including clients, buyers/sellers, debt and equity providers, accountants, lawyers and environmental and other third-party advisors.
- Closed recent transactions include: 1) Buy-side and financing advisor to RSP Permian (NYSE: RSPP) on purchase of Silver Hill Energy LLC for approximately $2.4 billion in cash and stock; 2) Sell-side advisor to Delek U.S. Holdings (NYSE: DK) on sale of retail segment including MAPCO Express to Compania de Petroleos de Chile S.A. (SNSE: COPEC) for $535 million; 3) Sell-side advisor to The Sterling Group on sale of B&G Crane to NCSG Crane and other investors; 4) Zayo (NYSE: ZAYO) purchase of Allstream from Manitoba Telecom (TSE: MBT) and 5) Windstream's (NASDAQ: WIN) sale of Hosted Solutions to TierPoint.
- Partnered with a wide range of RBC supported charities, led recruiting efforts for Canadian undergraduates to investment banking in New York and championed ongoing women’s mentorship, development, and diversity sponsorship programs.
Vice President2011 - 2014RBC Capital Markets
Focus areas: Forex Trading, Forward Contracts, Financial Options, Data Analysis, FX Risk Analysis, Foreign Exchange (FX) Hedging
- Leveraged robust leadership and data analytics skills to drive and execute strategic initiatives spanning across global budgets, marketing materials, product penetration of U.S. loan clients, and internal strategy documents.
- Built a new platform to analyze capital market risks associated with cross-border investment banking transactions for the global client base and aided in pitching C-level executives on derivative and hedging products.
- Effectively translated investment banking transaction risks for fixed income professionals and organized global coverage for 24/6 operations in partnership with sales, trading, and research teams based in London, New York, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
- Achieved >$3 million P&L budget by fostering strong foreign exchange trading relationships and growing coverage universe to 50+ North American diversified corporate clients, with 50% representing new trading clientele.
- Negotiated trade volumes of up to $500 million in single day.
Associate2007 - 2010RBC Capital Markets
Focus areas: Cash Flow Modeling, Cost of Capital, Forecasting, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Valuation Multiples, Investor Presentations, Three Statement Operating Model, Leveraged Buyout Model, Financial Modeling, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Supported execution of public and private transactions across multiple industries, including consumer retail, media, food service, industrial, media, mining, and oil & gas, as a part of Canada's leading M&A team.
- Built financial models for numerous transformational transactions and supported client budget and forecasts, utilized for valuation and financing of M&A mandates.
- Designed financial analysis, marketing presentations, and investor decks through primary and secondary company and industry research.
- Coordinated and managed strategic release of large data and information streams through the use of virtual data rooms with strict confidentiality and permission requirements.
- Select announced transactions: UTS Energy (unsolicited defense against Total S.A.), Frontera Copper (unsolicited defense against Invecture Group), and Canwest Media (restructuring advisory role).
- Designed the VBA shortcut set for modeling in Excel that was adopted as the basis for a global RBC tool for Excel still used ten years later.
Summer Associate2006 - 2006RBC Capital Markets
Focus areas: Valuation Multiples, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Valuation Modeling, Equity Research
- Initiated coverage on Resolve Business Outsourcing Income Fund through extensive industry research, site visits, and discussions with senior management.
- Published research notes for continuing coverage of six income trusts in various industries involving quarterly updates, research comments on new developments, participation in conference calls and attending annual general meetings and marketing lunches.
- Authored three original RBC Trust Weekly articles, one republished by the Canadian Investor Relations Institute.
Co-op2005 - 2005Ford Motor Company
Focus areas: Government, Lobbying
- Developed lobbying card on Ford’s initiatives and economic impact to educate government and key contacts.
- Researched marketing mix, product specifications, and provincial regulations to develop Ford lobbying platform to support Ford dealers to change the Quebec Heavy Duty Vehicle regulations.
- Supported senior management, Sales and Planning Committee, Ford USA and Canadian Vehicle Manufacturers Association (CVMA) with research and analysis packages for topical issues through research utilizing statistical databases, CVMA, Ford, and Ford US contacts, and public documents.
Manager1993 - 2002Foots Bay Marina
Focus areas: Payroll & Benefits, Tax Preparation, Double-entry Bookkeeping, General Management, Revenue Management, Cash Management, Account Preparation
- Devised accounting system and procedures for marina consisting of six small divisions catering to regular elite clientele to improve cost control, account payables and receivable turnovers, reporting, and efficiency.
- Hired and trained up to 15 staff per season for the small seasonal family run marina.
- Oversaw expansion of marina services and construction of new capital assets.