Verified Expert in Finance
Lori is an experienced finance expert who led and managed entire M&A processes for acquisitions, divestitures, and carve-outs. Specializing in strategy development, targets identification, market research, financial plan preparation and valuation, due diligence, LOI negotiation and agreement, and plan execution, Lori has worked at a Fortune 500 business, a startup, and an investment bank, dealing with SaaS, manufacturing, consumer products, and industrial automation.
Vice President of Strategy, Mergers, and Acquisitions
- Led the strategy and the process for buy and sell-side opportunities for a SaaS/services startup platform. Developed creative approaches to investment and funding opportunities.
- Oversaw strategic partnerships with complementary businesses driving organic growth.
- Developed the overall strategy for the startup's short and long-term goals.
Director | Investment Banking
- Took responsibility for both buy and sell-side transactions.
- Spearheaded business development, including identifying potential clients and building relationships.
- Built key relationships with private equity and family office partners.
Vice President | GM, Transportation, and Corporate Development
- Divested several non-core complex businesses and carve-outs to align with the corporate strategy. Identified and executed strategic initiatives ranging from growth opportunities to acquisitions.
- Handled P&L responsibility for a new business platform. Initiated and led the development program as a tier-one supplier, with $15+ million revenue. Implemented cost reductions of over over 30%. Negotiated complex R&D and production agreements.
- Developed the strategy and business plan for a robotics program and partnership.
Vice President, Acquisitions and Corporate Development | Industrial Automation Platform
- Identified and led acquisitions and divestitures for four separate businesses within the platform.
- Developed base and synergy financial plans; conducted due diligence; prepared and delivered management and sell-side presentations; and negotiated definitive agreements.
- Identified potential acquisition targets, conducting market research.
Director and Vice President | Various Emerson Business Units and Corporate Office
- Developed the business strategy, identified and led acquisitions and divestitures. Successfully acquired and divested businesses, obtaining fair pricing and terms while building a solid rapport with all parties involved.
- Handled sales and marketing responsibility to grow the business at multiple retail entities. Launched a new product line into new distribution channels, creating a comprehensive sales and marketing plan for placement at top retailers.
- Managed marketing and merchandising, including graphics, point of sale, promotions, and social media. Conducted various marketing research ranging from ethnography, surveys, interviews, focus groups, and competitive assessments.