Majed A. Rahim
Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Majed is a seasoned executive with C-suite and advisory experience who is passionate about complex and impactful projects. With global exposure in business development, Majed lived in eight countries and delivered industry work in more than 20. He has successfully worked with shareholders, senior management, and staff at all levels and is comfortable working alone or managing teams. Majed founded and operated consulting companies since 2009 and now is advising fintech and healthtech startups.
Ennovate FZ LLC
- Co-founded Ennovate FZ LLC in the UAE. Grew the company from a startup to a regional player. Completed more than 10 assignments since 2017. Focused on large family-owned conglomerates to lead and enable the organization and financial restructuring.
- Engaged a team of consultants and subject matter experts. Started in one market and expanded to four markets. Became known as the destination for complex assignments and consistent delivery.
- Grew the business from referrals and word of mouth without active marketing or sales. The repeat business has helped develop and sustain the business while we continued getting work from past customers.
- Thrived and grew during COVID-19 lockdowns. Worked with customers remotely and delivered two large, complex 12+ month assignments without being able to visit customer sites.
Founder and Managing Partner
BrightStar Consult LLC
- Founded a consulting company to assist family groups and family offices with long-term engagements under an interim or outsourced management arrangement. The assignments varied from a few months to more than two years.
- Acted as the group CEO for the Saudi Agri Industrial Group while managing a portfolio of four companies in the GCC and Africa. Restructured financials and prepared the company for a public listing. Assets under management (AUM) $250 million.
- Led, as the program director, a team of 50+ professionals, including clients, service providers, and outsourcing staff, to implement a government-wide financial and tax system in 80+ entities. Largest public IT project to date in the country.
- Played a key role as the chief investment officer managing the investments of a high net-worth family–operating companies, real estate, and financial products. Evaluated and developed opportunities in Europe and the Asia Pacific. AUM $700 million.
- Assisted the BOD of the Sovereign Wealth Fund in updating the fund’s investment strategy and existing unprofitable assets, upskilling team members, and improving compliance and reporting.
- Served as the chief operating officer of a GCC family office. Managed 12 companies across various industries, restructured financials, raised funds, led M&A truncations, and groomed a second-generation family member for leadership. AUM $200 million.
Housing Bank for Trade and Finance HBTF
- Supported the group CEO, managed overseas operations, bank operations, technology, human resources, and facilities divisions, and integrated the credit, risk, investment, and treasury committees.
- Led an application process with the Financial Services Authority (FSA) to enter the UK market, oversaw the transformation of investment and private banking, recruited a new leader to manage the division, and explored other markets.
- Qualified and selected a new core banking system for the bank, created and led a team to implement the new system, and managed a rebranding exercise to develop and relaunch a new bank identity.
- Served as a board director on the bank’s Algerian subsidiary, integrated the audit committee, and represented the bank on local and regional Central Bank committees.
CFO and Head of Strategy
Commercial Bank of Qatar
- Built a strategy implementation division (SID), created and syndicated a Balanced Score Card for all divisions across the organization with centralized reporting and monitoring, and integrated the investment, treasury, and finance committees.
- Played a key role as the responsible for finance, bank operations, technology, and facilities. Assumed interim responsibilities for investment and private banking, Islamic banking, and overseas operations. Recruited and onboarded leaders.
- Launched a rating exercise with Fitch and Moody's and floated the first EMTN Eurobond in Qatar. Originated and managed the first bank-led IPO, completed market entry studies in three new locations, and drove Oman National Bank's post-acquisition.
CTO and Head of Special Projects
Arab Bank PLC
- Joined as a founder of the global transformation team. Entrusted with modernizing and overhauling the bank's technology organization that was spread over 29 locations with 450+ professionals.
- Completed a 2-year program to consolidate the entire organization into three centers–UK, UAE, and Jordan–with recovery centers, transfer pricing, global HR policies, and reduced spending. Negotiated with and secured approvals from regulators.
- Designated to close special assignments such as expanding to new territories and exiting unprofitable regions, which included negotiating with and securing approvals from regulators, rating agencies, and labor unions.
- Founded and served on the board of bank-owned companies in the UK and UAE. Served as a board director on the leasing company and was frequently invited as speaker and presenter at regional and global conferences.
Partner - Nominee
- Originated business and engaged with Fortune 500 companies in the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Delivered assignments around pre-and-post M&A transactions and the shared services and worked as an interim COO and CFO for dot.com startups.
- Seconded to the UK and Dubai offices to help with complex projects and was relocated to Kuwait to establish the business consulting practice.
- Worked with clients that included; Tetra Pak, Alfa Laval, Cummins, Polaroid, Cable & Wireless, Dubai Ports Authority, EMAAR, Kuwait Airways, and more.
State Farm Insurance Companies
- Joined the technology team after completing a 12-week bootcamp while I was still in graduate school. Supported the investment group by creating financial management information system (MIS) reports.
- Progressed to the field technology team and deployed workstations to all the finance teams across the US and Canada, working under the program director as part of a 100+ resource team.
- Took part in a task force to renegotiate all telecom contracts for the entire group over nine months, valued at the time at over $250 million.
- Founding member of the shared services team that centralized the group's operations in the US and Canada into three centers from 22 regional locations.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Corporate Finance
Illinois State University - Normal, IL, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
Yarmouk University - Irbid, Jordan
Business Valuation Modeling
Corporate Finance Institute