Verified Expert in Finance
Malte is an accomplished finance professional specializing in fundamental analysis and value investing. His vast experience includes working as an equity research analyst in the industrials and aviation sector for companies such as Alfa Laval and Lufthansa. Having acquired his finance and business administration education at the highest international level, Malte is keen on sharing his experience and knowledge with entrepreneurs, investors, and corporates to provide tailored solutions.
Anritsu Corporation Equity Valuation
Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Glow Financial Services
- Developed a deep understanding of Glow's strategic initiatives, the fintech and insurtech sector, and the competitive environment to help guide and shape the investment narrative.
- Built and maintained the Glow Corporate financial model.
- Prepared equity investor relation material and support in the process of fundraising.
- Built and maintained the management and accounting reporting for corporate finance activities, including corporate earnings reports.
- Led business modeling and economic analysis for prospective client contracts.
- Developed financial, strategic, and business performance analyses and associated analytics.
Founder | Consultant
- Consulted on projects for asset managers, growth capital projects, and targeting institutional investors.
- Helped a young asset management firm use its data resources effectively and widely automated its portfolio calculation and reporting using Bloomberg and Excel.
- Created multiple templates to grasp a quick overview of new investment opportunities using Bloomberg.
- Transformed operating assumptions into a fully adaptable three-statement financial model for a new business unit of a large embedded financial services firm.
- Established a loyal and recurring customer base in the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands.
Assistant Vice President | Equity Research Analyst for Industrials and Airlines
- Covered German and Scandinavian capital industrials and European airlines sectors, working as the lead analyst on Lufthansa, IAG, Air France–KLM, Ryanair, easyJet, Alfa Laval, Trelleborg, Heidelberger Druckmaschinen and Vossloh.
- Directed the marketing of multiple IPO transactions, such as Traton, Knorr-Bremse, and Hensoldt.
- Discussed directly with C-level management on capital market events, company, and market perspectives.
- Provided investment recommendations based on earnings projections, valuation, and risk assessment.
- Created financial models and conducted financial statement analysis.
- Hired equity research interns and supervised a team of 1-3 interns.
M&A Analyst | Intern
- Performed market and company analyses, such as the German automotive market analysis for a €50 million deal.
- Valuated companies using trading multiples, transaction multiples, and discounted cash flow (DCF). Applied the valuation methods to a €100 million IT transaction.
- Assumed a high level of responsibility in the team during the preparation of presentations and information models.
Rating Analyst | Intern
Euler Hermes Rating
- Prepared parts of rating reports, such as the market section of a satellite service company report for a €50 million bond.
- Performed market research for several industries, including automotive, energy, telecommunications, and technology.
- Conducted integrated financial analyses, including corporate strategies and financial planning.
- Participated in management discussions during company visits.
Master's Degree in Finance
University of Cambridge - Cambridge, UK
Master's Degree in Finance
IE Business School - Madrid, Spain
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
University of St. Gallen - St. Gallen, Switzerland
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring