Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Manish is a qualified chartered accountant with over 15+ years of experience in real estate, hospitality and startups. He has been hands-on with controlling, planning, revenue and cost optimization, and ERP implementations during his career. Manish has learned operations management and strategic thinking and is obsessed with customer excellence and a balanced growth approach. He is always eager to learn new concepts and skills and is not afraid to try and venture into uncharted territories.
Htoo Group of Companies
- Served as a core team member to establish and execute the joint venture with Banyan Tree Resorts.
- Performed ERP implementation for 16 hotels in the group company from procurement to final testing.
- Task-forced team members for establishing operational procedures and customer journey maps.
- Created and set up the management information systems, internal control system, and financial reporting processes.
- Worked on business development and management, while acting as a CEO and MD in absence.
- Carried out a study for corporate re-structuring to be tax-efficient and gave flexibility by splitting ownership and management operations.
- Raised funds for project development and routine operation needs.
- Supervised monthly end closing process, consolidated financial reports, and created a decision-making dashboard providing critical insights.
- Maintained annual budgeting exercise, quarterly forecasts and monthly analysis to compare results and provide owners with useful insights into business.
- Partnered with GM to turn around the hotel from loss-making to profit-making.
- Drove revenue management and cost management for a hotel through consultation and coaching.
- Managed the capital expenditure budget and its procurement process to save costs for the hotel.
- Led the operations team and task forces to establish internal controls and corporate policies to succeed in failed audits since company establishment.
- Helped sales and marketing team with revenue management and pricing strategies.
- Acted as a part of the quality control team to establish customer delight processes.
- Prepared financial reporting in compliance with the stock exchange as the company was listed on the Thailand stock exchange.
Assistant Financial Controller
Shangri-la Hotels & Resorts
- Was responsible for monthly forecasting and annual budgeting exercise for planning and control.
- Piloted software updates and labor productivity measurement process.
- Performed financial analysis on monthly basis for recommending cost control measures to operational departments and CEO in monthly P&L review meetings.
- Managed team performance to smoothen the monthly book closing processes.
- Led the team to pass all major corporate audits for finance and Internal controls.
- Prepared financial reporting for submission to Thailand stock exchanges.
Assistant General Manager, Finance
Basundhra Properties Pvt Ltd
- Re-structured financial statements and processes to automate, so that a small team could manage finance operations in 16 sites.
- Recovered long outstanding accounts receivable through follow-ups and site visits. It helped the company to optimize funds flow in a better way and maintain the site's payables.
- Managed to obtain a credit facility from a bank to borrow funds during the financial crisis of 2008 to continue operating the company and keep it afloat.
T R Chadha and Company
- Completed SOX compliance audit of a listed company and carrying out a risk assessment exercise to comply with listing requirements for English Clays Limited.
- Worked on fraud investigation assignment for a hotel company (name withheld) to identify the extent of fraud and reconstruction of their receivable accounts to enable them to recover the amount.
- Conducted operational audits of various listed and unlisted companies to help them identify internal control gaps in processes and improve profitability.
- Performed tax audits of various companies to help them complete their tax requirements.
Sood Brij & Associates
- Performed audits of nonprofit organizations on behalf of CCF and other international donor agencies to ensure utilization of funds donated by them.
- Conducted an audit of various small businesses and finalize financial statements for reporting to the company board and tax authorities.
- Undertook an internal audit of news agency for two years to help them identify internal control gaps and ensure charging for news.
Certificate in Corporate Law
Institute of Company Secretaries of India - Delhi
Chartered Accountant (CA) in Finance
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India - Delhi
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
Delhi University - Delhi
Writing Business Plan
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring