Founder | Partner
2016 - PRESENT
- Handled fundraising efforts and interim CFO services for emerging companies looking to grow their business; serving companies in many emerging sectors including healthcare, software and technology, and retail.
- Prepared investor materials and provide transaction support in conjunction with client fundraising efforts.
- Helped to generate interest in client ventures and raise an appropriate amount of capital. Typical engagements include financial modeling, investor presentations, and transaction support.
- Managed finance-related functions of a client’s organization—helping to streamline the financial reporting process and prepare for long-term growth.
- Fulfilled my core duties of fundraising, financial reporting, strategy and board-level support, M&A due diligence, and staff recruiting and training.
Focus areas: CFO, Capital Raising, Venture Funding, Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Financial Reporting, Valuation, Customer Lifetime Value, Valuation Multiples, Valuation Modeling, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Three Statement Operating Model, Angel/Seed Funding, Funds Flow, Fundraising, Capital Structure, Growth Capital Raising, Working Capital Management, Capital Structure Analysis, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Investor Communications
2012 - 2016
- Closed 10+ deals ranging from $5 million to $100 million in enterprise value across the United States and Canada, South America, and Western Europe. Typical buyers included middle-market private equity firms and publicly-traded strategic acquirers.
- Participated in all aspects of deal execution including deal-flow evaluation—buyer/target searches, financial modeling, valuation, market/industry research, investment memorandums, managing due-diligence process, and assisting with legal documentation.
- Led the effort to perform pre-diligence financial and operational analytics on prospective and engaged client companies in order to determine quality of earnings and ensure likely probability of closing.
- Provided assistance in the management of Seneca Health Partners—a predecessor healthcare venture capital fund.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Venture Funding, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Capital Raising, Growth Capital Raising
Stout Risius Ross
2009 - 2012
- Provided business valuation and financial advisory services to over 50+ public and private companies (primarily in the automotive, financial services, telecom, food & beverage, and healthcare industries) and high net-worth individuals for estate, gift, and corporate tax planning, shareholder buy-outs, fairness & solvency opinions, and litigation advisory.
- Co-authored the article “The Reasonableness of Owners’ Compensation,ʺ in the fall 2011 SRR Journal: the company’s biannual journal that is distributed to attorneys, accountants, advisors, and clients across the U.S.
- Presented a CE webinar on ʺWorking Capital Issues in Business Valuationʺ to the national valuation practice, consisting of 60 professionals across 7 offices.
Focus areas: Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Valuation Multiples