Verified Expert in Finance
Mark has 10+ years of investment and finance experience at global transportation investor Buss Global Management, closing $4 billion of M&A and fundraising mandates. He has worked across industries covering the shipping, offshore/marine, property, hospitality, biotechnology, telecommunications, and media sectors. Mark leverages his buy and sell-side expertise to offer practical advice to companies across stages and industries.
Sample Financial Model for Trading Company
Origination and Fund Management
Buss Global Management/Buss Capital Funds Singapore
- Closed $1+ billion worth of investments helping manage the entire investment process including industry and company research and analysis, financial modeling, valuation, due diligence, execution, and documentation.
- Closed $900+ million of divestments for various Buss funds, managing different parts of the process including the preparation of teasers, information memorandums, due diligence, execution, and documentation.
- Closed $550+ million of asset-backed securitizations and $900+ million of revolving credit and term loan facilities for intermodal, transportation, and logistics assets.
- Worked on the $85 million debt restructuring for Lindblad Expeditions, a leading specialty cruise company, during the 2009 financial crisis.
- Led the fund management team at Buss. Was responsible for establishing processes and creating financial models to forecast and monitor and manage cash flow for debt obligations, equity distributions, dividends, and reinvestments for different funds.
- Prepared monthly and quarterly reports including financials and forecasts for senior management, board members, lenders, and rating agencies.
- Worked with the CEOs, CFOs, and other C-suite executives of various companies to prepare business plans, budgets, valuations, and forecasts.
- Liaised with the management of Trans UK Equipment Management and Collease Truck & Trailer to put together financial and cash flow models for equipment and assets under management to secure debt and equity funding.
- Worked with banks, financial institutions, and private investors to secure debt and/or equity funding for intermodal transport equipment such as containers, tanks, and trailers.
- Managed Buss’ $175 million divestment of a fleet of marine shipping containers to Textainer Group Holdings in 2011 for the winding up of Buss’ first fund.
UOB Kay Hian Research
- Generated financial models, forecasts, reports, and write-ups for Singaporean publicly listed companies including industry research, company research, financial analysis, valuations, and investment recommendations.
- Authored the first comprehensive report sector report on the Singaporean construction industry including the development of UOB Kay Hian's "Builder's Strength Index" which ranked the area's publicly listed construction companies based on past project experience.
- Created the first comprehensive report covering the Singaporean offshore and marine sector on subsea production systems.
- Developed a dry bulk valuation model for Singapore's publicly listed dry bulk shipping companies.
- Developed a regression model to forecast ad revenue for Singapore Press Holdings based on the page count for its daily publications.
- Presented recommendations to the institutional sales team and conducted roadshows for stock recommendations to clients in Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.
Master's Degree in Finance
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Singapore Institute of Management - Singapore
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore - Singapore
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring