Mary Beth Yardley
Verified Expert in Finance
Change Management Expert
Mary Beth is a people and organization leader with 20+ years of experience helping organizations navigate people, processes, and technology change. She's led successful talent initiatives and digital transformations for enterprise clients in the consumer product, financial service, technology, health, and industrial sectors. Mary Beth freelances to bring her change management, program management, and HR skills to projects where she can drive the most significant impact for a client.
Digital Transformation for a Global Transportation Company
Global Digital Transformation Change Management Executive
Hertz Car Rental
- Acted as a change management executive lead on an Aurora Hertz project. Implemented Oracle Fusion Cloud Financials, Oracle EPM, and Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM, replacing many of Hertz's legacy platforms, including Oracle EBS.
- Worked with C-suite sponsors to size and structure the change management model and approach. Oversaw the selection and management of multiple service providers. The team included 24 people.
- Prepared Hertz's 29,000 global employees to adopt new global business processes using fit-for-purpose change management, communication, training, and analytics.
Organization Transformation and Talent Consultant
- Led training workstream for technology firm's HCM transformation and global Workday deployment. Developed and oversaw the curriculum development, including nine e-learning and 18 virtual ILT courses, and 134 reference guides.
- Oversaw a change effort to prepare the national banking system's 22,000 employees across 12 separate entities to adopt and successfully use new HR, procurement, and finance SaaS platforms and standardized processes.
- Developed a multi-year change strategy for a construction firm's complete ERP replacement to an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Led a seven-person journey management practice to ensure successful business process outsourcing (BPO) transitions. Architected, sold, and staffed $6.9 million worth of people enablement services for the group.
- Delivered the service roadmap that took the group from the procurement BPO enablement shop to enabling global transformations encompassing SaaS and managed service deployments across HR, finance, and procurement.
- Designed an affiliation model, engagement plans, and onboarding experience for Accenture finance service delivery resources to be co-located with Facebook. This service had previously been provided offshore.
- Enabled Chemours' global transition to outsourced procurement services and developed a multi-year transformation journey map and branding strategy.
- Led the development of training for Estee Lauder Companies' SaaS and BPO service deployment. Translated training into 26 languages, then delivered training to the global office.
- Headed delivery of change management services that enabled successful client service and technology transitions to Nestle, Allstate, Dow, Kraft Heinz, and Cardinal Health.
HR Compliance Manager | Talent Partner
Accenture (via Experis)
- Architected a new exempt/non-exempt position classification framework for Accenture's 700+ roles covering their 40,000 US employees to ensure US compliance.
- Used data analytics and solution modeling to develop a new FLSA-compliant role classification framework. Deployed a solution that impacted the OT of 8,000 employees without increasing the attrition rate.
- Created and implemented a talent strategy to better attract and retain the 5,000+ consulting professionals needed to support this global group's ambitious growth targets.
- Designed and implemented a new global talent affiliation model for the group, increasing consultant engagement, professional certification, and industry skills development for consultants. Achieved a 30% increase in repeat staffing within the group.
- Worked as a talent partner for an energy consumer service group.
HR Senior Manager | Change Management Senior Manager
- Worked with a chief executive for a global service lines' strategic business unit (SBU) to design, implement, and manage diversity and morale programs for SBU's 5,000 consulting professionals globally.
- Secured budget for two US and one European high-impact women's and minority diversity events in a lay-off environment. Implemented diversity dashboard metrics reporting package and program.
- Led a global 25-people team that transitioned Accenture's 60,000 consulting professionals to a newly designed operating model.
- Program-managed mapping of Accenture's 60,000 consulting professionals to new career paths and organizational units within the aggressive three-month target. The project team was awarded Accenture's HR Horizons Award.
- Worked with an executive sponsor and some of the firm's most influential leaders, including Accenture's next CEO, to define and oversee the global program to address critical retention issues.
- Led the training of a small operations team and matrix managed 160 training management personnel to ensure that the 40,000 US and Canadian consultants received timely and appropriate training.
- Acted as a director of practice management and HR for the Denver office, as well as a change management manager and system integration manager.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Degree in Finance
University of Colorado - Boulder, Colorado, United States
Prosci Certified Change Practitioner
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring