Verified Expert in Finance
With over 22 years of professional experience in multiple business environments, Maryse embodies a shrewd business acumen and an expert knowledge of P&L management, revenue management, business development, and project management. Within a year of joining an industrial manufacturing company, employing her expertise in strategic planning and budgeting, Maryse was able to win the support of her peers and management and successfully turned from -8% to 5% EBITDA, reaching 11% in the next two years.
The Truth Lies in The Details
Director of Business Development
- Developed the revenue strategy that transformed the company from losses to steady profits at a minimum of 11% EBITDA with growth potential.
- Reduced the materials stocks by around 40%, depleted obsolete stocks, and controlled and maintained healthy stock levels to reduce working capital.
- Monitored the monthly P&L sustaining healthy EBITDA levels, tweaking tactics, and introducing actions when needed.
- Built detailed yearly and monthly budgets allowing growth from revenues to EBITDA.
- Reviewed export sales, studied new products plans, and defined pricing.
Icon Communication & Advertising
- Managed to maintain the agency with a net profit of 5% despite the January 2011 revolution cutting off the marketing budgets in the Egyptian market.
- Changed the client's portfolio from 80% dependency on one major client to a diverse portfolio and reduced the major client's share to less than 20%.
- Introduced new services and products like marketing strategy, 3D media, professional photoshoots, and short video production.
Group Marketing Manager
Sakkara Group International
- Managed the MICE's marketing events, increasing the profits by 20%, including dealing with materials suppliers and governmental entities.
- Developed the content strategy and in-house design of communication materials for the USA Tour Operator STI, discounting 100% of the costs.
- Led the marketing communication team, handled the clients' complaints, and maintained a strong relationship with stakeholders.
Corporate Marketing Manager
Orascom Development Holding
- Managed the marketing communication of Egypt's destinations and oversaw the other communication teams to maintain a cohesive image throughout the company's territories.
- Launched campaigns with a refined image for the main destinations increasing the real estate and hotels sales by almost 40%.
- Created the new brand for the holding company that was developed in 2009, built the CI, and launched a campaign tailored to investors.
Business Development Manager
Al Ahram Beverages
- Monitored the P&L increasing revenues by a steady two digits year over year.
- Controlled the commercial budget, cut unnecessary spending, analyzed promotional ROI, and adjusted accordingly, reducing overall costs by almost 20%.
- Restructured the commission system pushing the profitable stock-keeping units (SKUs), thus increasing profits by almost 10%.
Bachelor's Degree in Hotels and Tourism
University of Helwan - Cairo, Egypt
High School Diploma in Literature
Sacre-Coeur - Cairo, Egypt
The Strategy of Content Marketing
UC Davis | via Coursera