Investment Banking Analyst
National Bank of Canada
2014 - 2017
- Designed the merger model and financing plan that set the foundation for a $4+ billion acquisition.
- Performed the valuation using LBO, DCF, precedents, and trading comparable methods, leading to a $185+ million privatization with private capital (private equity/venture capital).
- Generated and modeled innovative value creation ideas for a high-growth startup in the Canadian media sector, resulting in a significant increase in investor ROI.
- Contributed to over $2 billion in treasury offerings, secondary offerings, and private placements intended to fuel client growth.
- Engineered 30+ complex financial models and 200+ presentations for executives in the aerospace, consumer packaged goods, engineering and construction, industrial products, media, mining, packaging, real estate, technology, telecommunication, and transportation industries.
- Optimized growth and capital structure scenarios to create a 5-year strategic plan for a multifaceted real estate client.
- Drafted press releases for public investors and designed presentations for potential borrowers and investors.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Capital Raising, Financial Modeling, Valuation, Market Research, Three Statement Operating Model, Budgeting, Equity Research, Capital Structure, Cash Flow Modeling, Equity Financing, Comparable Company Analysis, Private Company Valuation, Leveraged Buyout Model, Investor Decks, Corporate Finance, M&A Modeling, Capital Markets, Cost of Capital, Capital Structure Analysis, Real Estate Finance, Accounting, Private Equity, Due Dilligence, Ratio Analysis, Variance Analysis, Data Analysis, Investor Communications, Pro Forma Financial Statements, Financial Statement Analysis, Statement of Cash Flows, Valuation Multiples, Valuation Analysis
Non-Public Funds Officer (Finance Expert)
Canadian Armed Forces
2013 - 2014
- Designed thorough operational and financial dashboards to facilitate the strategic decision-making processes for six profit centers, resulting in increased profitability, visibility in cash flows, and inventory turnover.
- Scrutinized financial and operational ratios to build and implement tailored action plans for three organizations; efforts led to operational efficiencies.
Focus areas: Budgeting, Budget Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Controller, Budget Controls, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Ratio Analysis, Data Analysis, Variance Analysis, Accounting, Working Capital Management
Consultant, Transactions, and Restructuring
2013 - 2013
- Constructed proprietary economic impact models to quantify the effects of government policies such as subsidized programs.
- Designed and translated a comprehensive survey addressed to executives of 200+ logistics and transportation companies.
- Inferred transportation-and-logistics industry trends from analyses performed on a large amount of economic and demographic data.
- Analyzed and organized macro- and microeconomic data to assess growth potential and opportunities in Montreal's transportation and logistics sector.
Focus areas: Market Research, Data Analysis, Financial Data Analysis