Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Matt is a PE partner and management consultant. As an experienced advisor, he has partnered with executives, boards, teams, and investors to build and grow businesses for 15+ years. Matt has deep expertise in creating value through strategy, organic growth, acquisitions, market expansion, organization building, and cost management. His broad industry experience includes financial services, technology and business services, food manufacturing, commercial real estate, and consumer services.
- Sourced five investment opportunities, including growth equity, venture capital, and real estate.
- Performed due diligence on investments, structured transactions, and sourced $75 million in equity to invest.
- Served in board or advisory roles for investments, including streaming media and edtech, commercial real estate, consumer fitness, consumer packaged goods, and hospitality.
Texas Next Capital
- Co-founded as a partner a Texas-focused, lower middle-market PE firm that evaluated hundreds of potential deals for investment.
- Supported the capital raising of approximately $30 million in equity and $15 million in debt to finance the acquisitions.
- Supported the investments in three lower middle-market companies and the disposition of two portfolio companies.
Choice Financial Services (Acquired by Raisin)
- Executed a market entry strategy for a successful European software firm into the United States market with a team based in New York and Texas.
- Sold an innovative deposit gathering platform into top-50 American commercial banks, resulting in over $1 billion in product volume on the software platform.
- Sold the company to a Goldman Sachs and PayPal-backed European firm.
McKinsey & Company
- Consulted on McKinsey teams and led client teams: analyzed complex business problems, applied structured methods to diagnose issues, and developed recommendations.
- Led the post-merger integration for the engineering group of a $25 billion consumer packaged goods company: identified 10% in cost reduction opportunities, developed supporting implementation plans, and coordinated a 7-person client team.
- Designed the annual strategic planning process for a $5 billion consumer packaged goods company. Defined the calendar, goals, analyses, and meetings that comprised the company’s next-generation strategy planning process.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance and Entreprenuership
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, PA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts
Abilene Christian University - Abilene, TX, USA