Mayank Shankar Singh, CFA
Verified Expert in Finance
Mayank is a global finance leader with experience across three continents. He recently managed a budget of $2.5+ billion for the world's largest eCommerce company, leading investments in innovation projects and launching the retail business in new geographies. He has also helped early-stage and growth companies define their financial roadmaps and growth strategies and enhance their operating profitability. He is a CFA with an MBA from HEC Paris.
Financial Performance Overview for Senior Leadership
Head of Product
- Led a team of product managers, UI-UX designers, application developers, data engineers, and scientists to deliver AI/ML-based marketing solutions for big enterprises across the retail, luxury, and travel sectors.
- Increased the product development velocity by 5x and product stability by 3x in 2022 compared to previous years.
- Built over eight features in less than six months to address the needs of global clients such as Samsung and Gucci, among others.
Senior Product Manager | Retail Optimization & Initiatives
- Led a team of product managers to build innovative solutions for end-user customers and internal teams to reduce customer returns and improve the customer experience for the French and EU marketplace.
- Brought in savings of €16+ million in 2021, resulting in an 18% YoY reduction in customer returns via a concession reduction program.
- Led "Think Big" innovation sprint for the EU, improving last-mile delivery and access point programs, resulting in a €515 million increase in GMS.
- Owned the Cube reduction program aimed at reducing packaging size to improve shipping speed and product economics and sustainability with an entitlement of €100+ million over three years via a European Cube reduction program, working with vendors.
- Leveraged a machine learning model to understand customer pain points and resolved them by building features on amazon.fr.
Senior Engagement Manager | AWS ProServe
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Led a team of 25+ AWS consultants to deliver various AWS migration and innovation projects for Fortune 50 companies wishing to leverage AWS solutions, including artificial intelligence, machine learning services, and data lakes.
- Helped to pioneer the use of cloud services as the direct counterpart for C-level executives by redefining how they design, develop, and launch new products. Built a long-term cloud adoption strategy, allowing the organization to be more agile and customer-centric.
- Led over $8.5 million engagements with an average customer satisfaction score (CSAT) of 9/10.
Global Senior Program Manager | Amazon Advertising
- Optimized the business process across Amazon Advertising's global business by standardizing workflow and developing customer-facing products, which resulted in a 20% increase in efficiency and enhanced client experience.
- Led an innovation incubator, managing 12+ global projects to create a transformational roadmap, resulting in a 30% reduction of customer-facing lead time for launching ads through automation and cross-functional strategic initiatives.
- Built a standardized billing process across different marketplaces to ensure timely reporting.
- Managed and allocated the $2.5+ billion budget for all capital expenditures across the EU with direct ownership of $700+ million in capital expenditures in the UK and Poland.
- Partnered with fulfillment centers to build infrastructure forecasting models for capital expenditures of $400+ million across Europe. The forecasting model identified direct savings of $35+ million per year.
- Led the development of the business requirement sheet for the launch of new fulfillment centers. This involved partnering with multiple stakeholders to deliver cost-effective solutions commensurate with customer expectations.
- Served as the finance partner for all technological improvement, automation, and ROI-driven projects, saving $15 million per year. Built complex forecasting models for fixed costs and capital expenditures for all fulfillment centers across Europe.
- Drove financial analysis for the Turkish launch of the Amazon retail business, delivering market share and fixed and variable expense research as well as constructing a sensitivity analysis across time horizons with various exit strategies.
- Collaborated with investors in Beijing and Shanghai to identify tech, fashion, and food and beverages startups in Paris.
- Constructed financial projections and managed due diligence.
- Advised the client during buy-side negotiations for startups with up to $10 million valuations.
- Led a team of 30+ members to restructure banking operations that managed customer relationships across more than 12 geographies.
- Rationalized and optimized 4,000+ operational processes, increasing efficiency by 30% while simultaneously enabling a 15% reduction in customer complaints.
- Integrated business processes of different banking entities to leverage economies of scale and create synergies, resulting in $2 million in incremental profitability.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance
HEC Paris - Paris, France
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
NIT Warangal - India
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)