2019 - PRESENT
- Assisted startups and growth-orientated businesses with business plan development, financial modeling, fundraising, and strategic advisory.
- Supported small-to-medium-sized businesses with M&A transactions on an end-to-end basis, whether for large-scale deals or smaller bolt-on acquisitions.
- Provided tailored coaching for founders from a range of industries on business and growth strategy.
Focus areas: Fintech, Financial Advisory, Financial Writer, Finance Blog, Business Advisory, Alternative Investments, Marketplaces, SaaS, DCF Modeling, Leveraged Buyout (LBO), Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Early-stage Venture Capital, Waterfall Modeling, Financial Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Valuation, Business Plan Consultant, Business Plan Consulting, Financial Modeling, Advisory, Business Planning, Fundraising, Venture Capital, Startups, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
2018 - 2019
- Led project management of multiple buy and sell sides M&A engagements ranging from $100 million to $5 billion, through day-to-day client communication, detailed preparation of diligence materials, and negotiation of transaction documentation.
- Acted as one of the key points of contact for Australian J.P. Morgan investment bankers in the areas of private and public M&A.
- Spearheaded a management presentation for a live public market over $1 billion M&A defense situation, integrating detailed divisional overviews (in technology and asset base), an analysis of the broader market, and historical and forecast financials.
- Developed a detailed financial model in preparation for the sale of a leading data center platform in Australia.
- Devised a takeover defense manual on how companies should respond to takeover offers and approaches in both private and public market contexts.
Focus areas: Financial Advisory, Business Advisory, Market Research, DCF Modeling, Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Financial Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Valuation, Private Equity, Leveraged Buyout (LBO), Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Negotiation, Financial Modeling, M&A (Sell-side), M&A (Buy-side), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
2016 - 2018
- Sourced, screened, performed due diligence, and executed venture capital investments in Asia, Australia, and the United States for a $200 million fund.
- Built a financial model for a $10 million growth equity investment into a mature healthcare business, incorporating full three-statement functionality, as well as returns, valuation, and sensitivity analysis.
- Collaborated with the management of a portfolio company to create a five-year financial forecast for a multinational eCommerce business. The business was acquired one year later by a Fortune 100 retail giant.
- Developed a forward strategic plan for a global edtech business in support of a $30 million investment round by international venture investors.
- Co-designed a pitch deck for a $5 million Series A capital raise of a logistics startup focused on improving last mile delivery with proprietary technology.
- Coordinated fundraising efforts for an early-stage venture capital fund vehicle, which was focused on specific geography, with each investment able to co-matched by government capital.
Focus areas: Fintech, Financial Advisory, Business Advisory, Alternative Investments, Market Research, Marketplaces, SaaS, DCF Modeling, Early-stage Venture Capital, Waterfall Modeling, Financial Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Business Plan Consulting, Business Plan Consultant, Valuation, Investment Analysis, Exit Strategy, Exit Planning, Portfolio Management, Investment Capital Raising, Capital Raising, Private Equity, Growth Capital Raising, Venture Capital
Investment Banking Analyst
2015 - 2016
- Prepared pitch decks regarding acquisition opportunities and potential financing to clients in the healthcare, technology, media, and industrial services sectors. The ideas which were progressed ultimately resulted in the execution of $1+ billion worth of transactions.
- Built and maintained detailed valuation models for key coverage clients in healthcare, technology, media, and industrial services. The analysis incorporated discounted cash flow, sponsor capacity to pay (LBO), trading and transaction comparables, and associated sensitivities to ensure clients could appropriate value their own businesses.
- Created a dynamic merger model incorporating accretion/dilution analysis for various listed targets, with sensitivities relating to pro-forma leverage, synergies, and target identity.
- Created the leveraged buyout model for a leading private equity fund's $1.5 billion acquisition of a Pan-Asian healthcare services company.
- Built a detailed financing model for the refinancing of $700 million of syndicated debt facilities for a $2 billion listed industrial services company.
Focus areas: Financial Advisory, Business Advisory, Market Research, DCF Modeling, Leveraged Buyout (LBO), Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Financial Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Valuation, Private Equity, Valuation Analysis, Financial Modeling, Pitch Books, Investor Presentations, Equity Capital, Debt Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)