2013 - PRESENT
- Advised businesses across the consumer space on areas that include: restaurants, consumer packaged goods, beverage, alcohol, apparel, supply chain, and consumer tech companies.
- Provided key financial and strategic services—including financial modeling, M&A due diligence, operational due diligence, forecasting, budgeting, fundraising, pitch decks, business planning, and capital allocation.
- Executed operational due diligence on a restaurant and entertainment concept for an activist hedge fund; visited sites, interviewed customers and employees, and developed strategic recommendations for how to elevate the brand and improve sales and margin performance; compiled a detailed 50-page report on findings.
- Built a financial model and investor pitch deck for a startup food technology company raising a Series A round of financing.
- Built a model to help a startup restaurant better calculate food costs; built another financial model for the company to help raise financing for their second and third locations.
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Budgeting, Due Dilligence, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Strategy, Capital Raising, Growth Capital Raising, Cash Flow Forecasting
Director of Strategy, Technology, Marketing, and Supply Chain
Marathon Restaurant Group Africa
2015 - 2016
- Built the supply chain in Botswana and Nigeria by liaising with suppliers, negotiating contracts, and securing franchisor approvals.
- Led all marketing efforts, both online and offline—including strategy, creative development, and execution.
- Oversaw the rollout of technology infrastructure—including mobile-first websites and data analysis tools.
- Built financial models and investment decks for multiple financial transactions within the food and beverage industries.
- Executed ad hoc projects across real estate, human resources, and finance.
Focus areas: Financial Strategy, Real Estate Finance, Market Research, Market Opportunity Analysis, Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Budgeting
Cowen and Company
2010 - 2013
- Supported one of the top restaurant analysts with the broadest coverage on Wall Street.
- Simultaneously supported the food retail analyst—helping him achieve #1 ranking in the 2012 WSJ Best on the Street survey.
- Built and maintained complex financial models for over 40 companies as well as quantitative and statistical industry models.
- Analyzed business and financial strategies of covered companies, and published detailed research reports distributed to all clients.
Focus areas: Equity Research, Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)