Verified Expert in Finance
During her time at Deutsche Bank and special situation fund TPG Sixth Street Partners, Michelle executed debt, equity, and M&A transactions and investments for both large global corporations and fast-growing start-ups totaling more than $17 billion. Michelle launched her own consulting practice as a way to utilize her skill set to help clients with complex capital raising, M&A, corporate finance, and venture capital projects and transactions
VP Corporate Finance
- Led €750m private debt raise from blue-chip investors, one of the biggest financings, debt or otherwise, for any startup in Europe.
- Raised over €100m of new financing at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Implemented better processes to manage investor relations.
- Rolled out a new company model for budgeting and fundraising purposes.
CEO and Founder
- Served as an outside CFO for a SaaS startup at Series B stage helping them raise venture debt and equity as well as preparing a budget model.
- Served as a fundraising advisor to a fast-growing startup in the logistics market that was looking for acquisition financing.
Investment Professional, Vice President
TPG Sixth Street Partners
- Executed debt financing transactions for new and existing portfolio companies.
- Performed both public and private fundamental credit analysis/due diligence including building and stress testing business models and liquidity forecasts.
- Presented and discussed findings to the TSSP Investment Committee.
- Managed deal teams (allocating work, reviewing work product, monitoring processes, and progress), co-ordinated with other lenders in syndicates, and managed process with external diligence providers.
- Reviewed and negotiated loan documentation.
- Monitored existing portfolio companies including regular meetings with senior executives to receive updates on the companies’ performance and upcoming financing needs.
- Built a network with other debt financing providers, private equity and venture capital funds and advisors to source deals.
Leveraged Finance Associate
Deutsche Bank, London
- Worked on loan and high-yield bond transactions in different sectors including healthcare, payment services, industrials, software and business services worth more than $7.5 billion. Responsibilities included:.
- Analyzed credit investments, building and stress testing operating models, preparing internal credit committee memorandums. (Credit analysis).
- Prepared rating models and management materials for meetings with credit rating agencies for first-time issuers. (Rating process).
- Built and maintained operating models, drafted marketing documents for management presentations with prospective lenders, participated in 1-on-1 lender education meetings, and drove investor Q&A process. (Syndication/investor relations).
- Reviewed term loan and bond documentation. (Loan documentation).
- Drafted pitch decks illustrating capital structure alternatives, pro forma capitalization, and proposed key debt terms for various prospective clients. (Sourcing).
M&A and ECM Analyst
Deutsche Bank, Frankfurt a.M.
- Executed M&A, ECM, and strategic advisory assignments for major corporations in different sectors including SAP, Wirecard, BASF, Kion, and TUI.
- Prepared investor presentations and IPO/equity raise materials. Drafted management presentations, fairness opinions, and internal committee materials for IPOs and fairness opinions.
- Provided financial modeling and forecasting. Built three statement financial models and merger models to assess the financial attractiveness of the proposed merger and likely credit rating impacts.
- Coordinated the diligence process with all counterparties, scoped diligence reports, reviewed diligence materials, and reviewed equity research ahead of IPOs.
- Drafted pitch decks illustrating potential M&A targets, takeover defense mechanisms, and equity placement options for various prospective clients.
Master's Degree in Finance
London School of Economics and Political Science - London, England
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
European Business School - Germany
Semester Abroad Participant in Business Administration
University of Hong Kong - Hong Kong
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring