Verified Expert in Finance
As a venture capital professional, Milda performed due diligence on numerous investment opportunities and held board observer roles at several high-growth marketplaces and SaaS companies for a European VC fund that managed $1+ billion. Milda is now a co-founder at an early-stage company 220g, a direct-to-consumer fashion startup. Milda leverages her competencies in business strategy and venture capital fundraising to assist in the Toptal network.
- Built up mergers and acquisitions function and the team from the ground up, reporting directly to the CFO.
- Carried out four acquisitions within the company's return on investment (ROI) constraints.
- Created acquisition and integration frameworks to be followed in the acquisition processes.
- Incorporated and launched 220g, a direct-to-consumer startup focused on high-quality wardrobe foundational items.
- Built and managed the supply chain covering manufacturing, shipping, and recycling of the products in Northern Europe.
- Carried out extensive competitor market research covering 100+ brands, analyzing their value proposition, business model, financial performance and creating a competitive overview.
- Defined the company strategy, modeled the financial case and budget for the business, and integrated the tech stack for company operations.
Earlybird Venture Capital
- Sourced and assessed 500+ seed and series A technology investment opportunities per annum, carrying out commercial due diligence on short-listed investment opportunities, preparing memorandums for the investment committee meetings, and negotiating deal terms with the founding and the legal teams.
- Served as a board observer at five portfolio companies including a French secondhand fashion marketplace, a French trucking marketplace, a German SaaS engineering simulation business, a Finnish SaaS waste collection optimization platform, and a German retail investment platform.
- Improved internal operations, managed the CRM transition project, created an internal wiki platform for knowledge sharing and automated the deal flow gathering process.
- Analyzed VC fund performance, prepared fundraising materials, and assisted on limited partners calls.
- Represented the company in 40-50 events per year, carried out keynote presentations, and participated in panel discussions on various venture capital-related topics.
- Managed investment rounds of €1-10 million, negotiated deal terms, modeled the capitalization table, and prepared internal investment documents.
- Prepared feedback on the board materials, discussed strategy in the board meetings and managed the follow-up rounds in the portfolio companies.
Master's Degree in International Management
Bocconi University - Milan, Italy
Bachelor's Degree in Economics and Business Economics
Utrecht University - Utrecht, The Netherlands
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring