Co-founder2018 - PRESENT220g Ltd
Focus areas: Revenue & Expense Projections, Budgeting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Pricing Strategy, Finance Strategy
- Incorporated and launched 220g, a direct-to-consumer startup focused on high-quality wardrobe foundational items.
- Built and managed the supply chain covering manufacturing, shipping, and recycling of the products in Northern Europe.
- Carried out extensive competitor market research covering 100+ brands, analyzing their value proposition, business model, financial performance and creating a competitive overview.
- Defined the company strategy, modeled the financial case and budget for the business, and integrated the tech stack for company operations.
Associate2015 - 2018Earlybird Venture Capital
Focus areas: Market Research, Investment Monitoring, Due Diligence, Startup Funding, Venture Funding
- Sourced and assessed 500+ seed and series A technology investment opportunities per annum, carrying out commercial due diligence on short-listed investment opportunities, preparing memorandums for the investment committee meetings, and negotiating deal terms with the founding and the legal teams.
- Served as a board observer at five portfolio companies including a French secondhand fashion marketplace, a French trucking marketplace, a German SaaS engineering simulation business, a Finnish SaaS waste collection optimization platform, and a German retail investment platform.
- Improved internal operations, managed the CRM transition project, created an internal wiki platform for knowledge sharing and automated the deal flow gathering process.
- Analyzed VC fund performance, prepared fundraising materials, and assisted on limited partners calls.
- Represented the company in 40-50 events per year, carried out keynote presentations, and participated in panel discussions on various venture capital-related topics.
- Managed investment rounds of €1-10 million, negotiated deal terms, modeled the capitalization table, and prepared internal investment documents.
- Prepared feedback on the board materials, discussed strategy in the board meetings and managed the follow-up rounds in the portfolio companies.