Verified Expert in Finance
As a venture capital professional, Milda performed due diligence on numerous investment opportunities and held board observer roles at several high-growth marketplaces and SaaS companies for a European VC fund that managed $1+ billion. Milda is now a co-founder at an early-stage company 220g, a direct-to-consumer fashion startup. Milda leverages her competencies in business strategy and venture capital fundraising to assist in the Toptal network.
- Built up mergers and acquisitions function and the team from the ground up, reporting directly to the CFO.
- Carried out four acquisitions within the company's return on investment (ROI) constraints.
- Created acquisition and integration frameworks to be followed in the acquisition processes.
- Incorporated and launched 220g, a direct-to-consumer startup focused on high-quality wardrobe foundational items.
- Built and managed the supply chain covering manufacturing, shipping, and recycling of the products in Northern Europe.
- Carried out extensive competitor market research covering 100+ brands, analyzing their value proposition, business model, financial performance and creating a competitive overview.
- Defined the company strategy, modeled the financial case and budget for the business, and integrated the tech stack for company operations.
Earlybird Venture Capital
- Sourced and assessed 500+ seed and series A technology investment opportunities per annum, carrying out commercial due diligence on short-listed investment opportunities, preparing memorandums for the investment committee meetings, and negotiating deal terms with the founding and the legal teams.
- Served as a board observer at five portfolio companies including a French secondhand fashion marketplace, a French trucking marketplace, a German SaaS engineering simulation business, a Finnish SaaS waste collection optimization platform, and a German retail investment platform.
- Improved internal operations, managed the CRM transition project, created an internal wiki platform for knowledge sharing and automated the deal flow gathering process.
- Analyzed VC fund performance, prepared fundraising materials, and assisted on limited partners calls.
- Represented the company in 40-50 events per year, carried out keynote presentations, and participated in panel discussions on various venture capital-related topics.
- Managed investment rounds of €1-10 million, negotiated deal terms, modeled the capitalization table, and prepared internal investment documents.
- Prepared feedback on the board materials, discussed strategy in the board meetings and managed the follow-up rounds in the portfolio companies.
Master's Degree in International Management
Bocconi University - Milan, Italy
Bachelor's Degree in Economics and Business Economics
Utrecht University - Utrecht, The Netherlands