Investor2018 - PRESENTInReach Ventures
Focus areas: Investing, tech, financial models, valuation, competitive analysis, Venture Funding, Early-stage Venture Capital
- Reviewed over 3,000 startups in the European tech space to identify potential investment opportunities and learn about trends and technologies, particularly in the HR, Fintech and Edtech sectors.
- Carried out due diligence on potential investments, analyzing the team, the financial performance of the company and forming a view on their potential.
- Assessed financial models and performance KPIs of companies while guiding entrepreneurs in understanding the levers for value creation.
- Worked with the general partner and the entrepreneurs of the portfolio companies in order to maximize shareholder value and tackling daily human resources, operational and strategic issues.
- Built a strong reputation for excellence and expertise in the startup community, both with entrepreneurs and other venture investors.
Head of UK Expansion2017 - 2017EstateGuru
Focus areas: Real Estate Finance, Financial Regulations, Operations
- Liaised with the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom, creating a very strong relationship with the representative and successfully guiding the sister company in preparing the operations and documentation to open a UK branch.
- Authored the loan default policy as well as expanded on the existing credit scoring model, both key requirements of the regulator.
- Oversaw both internal financial and legal procedures: directed and liaised with the external legal counsel on writing and validating key documentation, such as the default policy, the impaired loan policy, and the terms and conditions.
- Interacted with the management of the parent company and all relevant authorities in the United Kingdom.
- Ensured that all reporting obligations and deadlines were respected.
Head of Business Development2017 - 2017CyNation
Focus areas: Business Plan Development, Business Development, Financial Modeling, Fundraising
- Secured investments from three business angels in helping the startup fundraise at the seed stage for 1/3 of the EIS round (Enterprise Investment Scheme, a UK tax scheme to facilitate investment in early-stage companies) round.
- Defined the financial institution client strategy, as well as prepared all client marketing and sales material.
- Pitched and presented the startup at various events, including on-stage at the 2017 Lisbon Investment Summit (LIS), generating substantial client and investor interest.
- Built the internal financial model, which contained all of the sales, personnel and funding assumptions and allowed for scenario analysis, for the purpose of external fundraising efforts.
- Introduced the company to a top-tier private equity fund, allowing them to secure a pilot project with a portfolio company.
Senior Contractor2016 - 2016Alvarez and Marsal
Focus areas: Financial Services, Banks, Debt Restructuring, Financial Restructuring, Turnaround, Balance Sheets, Credit Analysis, Distressed
- Carried out due diligence of a portfolio of distressed and performing loans worth £100 million belonging to a distressed bank.
- Conducted in-depth analysis of loan files with exposures of several million. This was in order to form a view on both the credit risks in the portfolio through sampling, as well as on the soundness of the underwriting procedures at the bank.
- Analyzed several complex structured finance transactions, forming a view of both the balance sheet risks resulting from them, on the standalone solidity of the transaction, as well as on the legal and financial set-up.
- Assisted the partners in the Bank Restructuring Team in preparing RFPs for large institutional projects, based on extensive knowledge of European Bank Resolution and Restructuring regulations.
- Collaborated with partners and principals in the other bank consulting practices towards completing an acquisition target due diligence on behalf of a client.
Banker2013 - 2016European Stability Mechanism
Focus areas: Financial Restructuring, Banking, Financial services, credit, NPLs
- Developed extensive working knowledge of Banking Union regulation (Single Resolution Mechanism, SRM, Banking Restructuring and Resolution Directive, BRRD), as well as Capital Requirements Regulation and Directive and its effects on banks' balance sheets.
- Represented the European Financial Stability Facility (EFSF)/European Stability Mechanism (ESM) in the financial sector technical team for debtor countries of the Troika, with a focus on Cyprus (debt of €10 billion) and Ireland (€67.5 billion, of which €17.7 billion from EFSF).
- Supported the ESM’s participation in the Euro Working Group task force, with strong inputs in the negotiation of six legal documents and pricing guidelines for the Direct Bank Recapitalisation Instrument, a new financial assistance instrument.
- Developed relationships with peer institutions, including the European Commission, the European Banking Authority, the European Central Bank and national bank resolution agencies, as well as external third parties.
- Conducted extensive desktop analysis on the absolute and relative health of performance of banks in the Eurozone.
Fixed Income Derivatives Marketing2005 - 2006JPMorgan
Focus areas: Fixed-income Derivatives, Embedded Derivatives, fixed income, asset and liability management, Hedging
- Priced complex derivatives for client transactions, with a specific focus on large bespoke hedges executed in €100 million clips of swaps of various maturities.
- Executed fixed income trades, assisting senior members of the team.
- Prepared daily market commentary, which was circulated to a list of 100+ clients of the desk and was read regularly by 50% of the distribution list.
- Prepared extensive client literature on derivative transactions, focusing on specialized derivatives instruments, focusing on inflation and interest risk hedges for long-term investors such as life insurers and pension funds.
- Assisted senior team members in providing high-quality trade execution, market intelligence and trade idea generation for some of the largest pension funds in the world, such as APG, PFZW.