Verified Expert in Finance
Nathan's approach to consulting is to help clients solve complex problems in simple but applicable ways. Having worked with clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies, Nathan understands the different challenges and opportunities faced at each stage. He is also well versed in public policy and international relations and their impact on business. Nathan freelances because he enjoys helping clients tackle pressing challenges while broadening his industry exposure and skillset.
- Managed investor, executive management, and customer due diligence processes for a capital raise in the healthcare analytics industry.
- Built financial models for raising over $70 million in early/growth stage capital.
- Financed the recapitalization of a growth stage logistics tech company.
- Selected to participate in an offsite internal strategy session with the CEO of our firm.
Space Intelligence Officer
United States Army Reserve
- Selected to join the joint-services intelligence unit supporting US Space Command and the new US Space Force with research reports on global strategic threats as the youngest officer in any of the military branches.
- Led a platoon of 48 soldiers and was chief of staff for a company of 119 soldiers where we increased our deployment readiness and professional proficiency metrics by over 50% each over a three-year span.
- Commissioned as a Distinguished Military Graduate (top 20% of 6,100 person cohort).
- Acted as the lead associate on deals primarily in renewable energy where we invested over $500 million.
- Built a financial model in support of our client acquiring a portfolio of projects in Iceland, the US, and Peru.
- Served as our team's chief public policy analyst, publishing white papers and client briefs on a quarterly basis.
- Led the underwriting, due diligence, and closing of financing supporting BlackRock Infrastructure’s convertible equity financing of a 1.4 GW wind portfolio.
- Led a joint debt-tax equity facility for the largest solar project in the Southeast US where Wells Fargo was the coordinating lead arranger on the debt financing and sole tax equity investor.
- Prepared $1 billion bid valuation for a privately-held LNG company using public company comparables and a DCF model.
- Persuaded management to forgo the deal, despite pro forma EPS accretion, based on competitive landscape analysis and in consultation with the CEO of our LNG subsidiary.
- Built a tax model during the 2016 presidential election demonstrating the impact on Sempra of three different proposed tax structures, which was adopted by the chief of corporate strategy for ongoing political analysis.
Master's Degree in Economics
Johns Hopkins University - Baltimore, Maryland
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
University of San Diego - San Diego, California
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring