Verified Expert in Finance
Nazeer is a certified public accountant with 16+ years of experience in finance and accounting, 10+ in leadership roles. He is keen on handling all financial aspects, including financial accounting, planning and analysis, global finance shared services, financial modeling, and investor’s pitch. Currently holding a global leadership role, Nazeer is contributing to a world-leading analytics technology company and is eager to help other CEOs make strategic finance decisions.
Leading Software Company
- Contributed significantly to the growth of the global finance team from six to 25 members and created a center of excellence. Migrated accounting operations of 60+ legal entities globally.
- Designed and implemented the overall location strategy and processes for the center's growth to drive standardization, optimization, and cost reduction.
- Led the global accounting and controlling team, providing support under the US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to the parent company and other fellow subsidiaries across the US, APJ, and EMEA region, totaling 60+ legal entities.
- Implemented the overall strategy of the global finance center. Built and drove processes, standardization, optimization, cost-effectiveness, resources planning, and transformation initiatives to deliver the highest quality results.
- Led the FP&A function. Developed and tracked the annual operating plan, long-range plans, and rolling forecasts, discussed with the operations to derive the underlying business drivers, and conducted reviews with senior managers for their insights.
- Developed a financial model, sensitivity analysis planning, and key business metrics to give management insights on operating costs and provide recommendations.
- Conducted a bridge and variance analysis of controllable costs and expenses for different scenarios, such as budget vs. actual, forecast vs. actual, month-over-month (MoM), quarter-over-quarter (QoQ), and year-over-year (YoY).
- Ensured the periodic review and upgrading of processes to accommodate the scale. Jointly worked with the corporate finance team in due diligence, integration of global acquisitions, and finance transformation projects.
- Built, developed, trained, led, motivated, and rewarded a large team of professionals to ensure high-quality and timely deliverables to stakeholders.
Entercoms Solutions Inc
- Managed the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) function, developing and tracking the annual operating plan, rolling forecasts, short and long-range plans, cash flow, board review deck, and other management reports.
- Developed a process of periodic MIS reports and analyses with the budget to understand variances for bridge analysis reports. Focused on BU-wise and customer-wise profitability and revenue and gross margin per resource.
- Supported pricing for all deals to grant the company’s goal of desired gross margin.
- Managed statutory books of accounts for India, the US, and Ireland following their respective generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and got them audited on standalone and consolidated under the US GAAP.
- Handled the global tax planning for the group and ensured compliance with the governmental rules and regulations as laid down by statutory authorities.
- Worked with the CFO to build the pricing model and related strategies for both FTE-based and value-based models, including an IP charge for high-value knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) deals, leading to higher gross margins.
- Established the finance model to support financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, and analysis from scratch.
- Verified and approved accounting entries related to AR, AP, and GL. Implemented changes whenever required, conducted ledger reconciliations, and closed books of account with proper provisioning and preparation of MIS report.
- Conceptualized and established the cost-plus invoicing model considering the transfer pricing regulation in India.
- Coordinated with India's finance head and the US finance team for monthly MIS and variance reports.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
MS University - Gujarat, India
Master's Degree in Accounting
Shivaji University - Kolhapur, India
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India