Nicco C. Leone
Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
A Georgetown economics graduate with an MBA from Stern, Nicco is a seasoned growth consultant who has helped multiple businesses grow their teams and valuations by four times. He has a decade of experience uncovering operational efficiency opportunities for both startups and middle-market companies with up to $1 billion in annual revenue. Nicco is energized by meeting new teams and inspiring them to find that extra gear.
Channel Partner Pitch Deck
- Handled the corporate strategy, facilitating C-suite strategy meetings to develop go-to-market and funding strategies, developing and implementing operational KPIs, and leading change management initiatives.
- Reduced costs and enabled internal financing by reengineering cost structures and renegotiating vendor contracts.
- Ran a reengineering process, found efficiencies, documented the reengineered processes, and created an internal knowledge base for ongoing process training and compliance.
- Redesigned systems architecture for increased employee efficiency and improved information flow and reporting capabilities.
- Prepared employees for leadership positions through style assessments, training initiatives, and ongoing career development support.
- Worked through due diligence with a private equity firm to secure $20,000,000 in growth capital–closed on December 2021.
- Developed new financial and operational KPI reporting tools to provide visibility internally and to investors.
- Improved margins by guiding sales and operations teams through market pricing and cost reduction initiatives.
- Implemented an inventory tracking software and a subscription revenue tracking software and trained the team on the new processes.
- Developed the 5-year growth strategy, pro forma, and pitch deck for a $2,000,000 fundraising.
- Owned the operational plan while managing sales, support, engineering, and project teams, 16 employees in total.
- Established a culture shift to high accountability and efficiency, with a significant focus on KPI measurement.
- Led an aggressive initiative of internet service providers (ISP) expansion into new counties across North Carolina and secured $12,000,000 in state and county grant funding.
- Implemented and trained staff on new internal software systems architecture to reduce manual work, eliminate bottlenecks, and allow end-to-end integration and real-time reporting.
Founder | CEO
- Launched a startup company with $450,000 in search fund capital and led the business through all milestones, from ideation to MVP and alpha and beta sites.
- Managed an iterative software development with third-party developers and created a digital marketing automation software that drives impressions and engagement with targeted audiences.
- Developed and enhanced the pitch deck and pro forma as the company evolved, raising an additional $200,000 in private funding at an increased valuation once reference customers were established.
- Hired with a lean approach in mind and actively managed three full-time and 12 contracted employees with a major focus on meeting deadlines and milestones.
Internal Consultant – Operational Improvement
- Handled change management by working with the VP of the supply chain to drive efficiencies and reorganization initiatives across the supply chain.
- Managed software implementation projects, leading projects from blueprinting through full system implementations and user acceptance testing.
- Modeled systems-wide supply chain metrics in Microsoft Excel and Access and converted organization to data-fluency by aggregating data across systems architecture and illuminating KPIs and actionable insights to capture value.
- Enhanced inventory practices that increased inventory turnover, provided global inventory visibility, liquidated excess inventory of $8,300,000, and identified over $40,000,000 in additional aging stock.
- Reduced delivery costs by controlling vendor shipments, building global visibility into lead times and logistics performance, drastically reducing late deliveries and documentary-credit shipment costs by 40%.
Consultant – Operations & Technology
- Built future state, supply chain, and process flow diagrams and identified gaps in the current-state process of a global retail company.
- Organized and facilitated client blueprinting meetings to gather requirements and educated the medical devices client on new processes.
- Created content in Powerpoint, Excel, and Visio to be used in change management initiatives.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
NYU Stern School of Business - New York, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Georgetown University - Washington, DC, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring