Verified Expert in Finance
Nick is a former investment banker who has raised over $60 billion in equity and equity-linked products while working at top-tier investment banks (Evercore and Bank of America Merrill Lynch). Currently, Nick works in the corporate finance division of a $2+ billion growth-stage startup. As a freelancer, he enjoys helping companies build their core financial models and fundraise.
- Raised $160 million in Series D funding at a valuation of $2.2 billion.
- Build a financial model for internal projections.
- Priced $50 million of ARR in contracts.
- Evaluated M&A opportunities for the company.
- Communicated with investors on an ongoing basis.
Investment Banking Senior Analyst
- Provided quantitative analyses on public equity and equity-linked transactions, aiding corporate clients through the capital raising process.
- Analyzed the global demand for an IPO potentially raising $100 billion and presented the findings to foreign government officials.
- Performed 200+ in-depth investor identification exercises by looking at historical holding patterns and competitor holdings.
- Worked on over 60 offerings as the lead equity capital markets (ECM) analyst, raising $50 billion in aggregate for companies in a variety of industries including biotech, real estate, and oil & gas.
- Conducted financial, accounting, legal, customer, auditor, and other types of diligence for commitment committees and investors by identifying key drivers and risks relevant to a company’s equity story.
Investment Banking Analyst
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Advised small to mega-cap companies on hybrid structures (convertibles, mandatories, preferreds), and associated transactions such as call spreads, accelerated share repurchases, debt refinancing, recapitalizations, and rescue financing.
- Raised $10+ billion of equity-linked financing for companies in sectors including healthcare, consumer retail, natural resources, industrials, media, telecom, Canada, and Latin America.
- Assessed credit quality of companies through fundamental analyses and peer analyses while collaborating with other teams such as leveraged finance and debt capital markets.
- Created models analyzing hybrid structures, cost of capital, and hybrid EPS accretion/dilution.
- Participated in the full cycle of origination including assessing issuer fundamentals, pricing, pitching, working with legal counsel, and coordinating with syndicate and sales force.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
New York University - New York