Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Nicolas has 23 years of experience in strategy, finance, and executive management. After graduating from Mines ParisTech, he spent 15 years with strategy firms, serving C-level clients, and then worked for eight years in Asia. Nicolas co-founded and served as a COO and CFO of a renewable energy investment startup, which successfully sold in 2021. He also served as an APAC CEO of an energy advisory firm with a CAGR of over 20%. Nicolas is eager to support strategy and corporate finance projects.
Closed Fundraising with a Strategic Investor
Executive Vice President of Renewables and Energy Advisory for Asia Pacific Region
- Enhanced profitability between 2018/19 and 2020/21.
- Grew the sales and increased the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) by 20% by developing new segments, such as floating solar and offshore wind, pursuing strategic projects, and strengthening our presence in growth markets like Taiwan and Vietnam.
- Achieved the highest-ever global customer satisfaction score by increasing the focus and awareness on key accounts, improving access to senior management, and positioning as a preferred partner.
Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer
LYS Energy Group
- Established all processes from scratch, including operations, finance, origination or sales, legal, HR, and reporting.
- Closed three fundraising rounds at the holding level from 2013 to 2018.
- Signed and financed corporate power purchase agreements (PPAs) and purchase agreements with multinational corporations in aerospace, logistics, food and beverage services, etc.
Associate Partner and Principal
Corporate Value Associates
- Completed dozens of strategic assignments for multinational corporations, national companies, funds, and new ventures at a C level.
- Led projects around growth and development strategies, innovative business and investment models, due diligence, investment cases, and operating model optimization.
- Developed and mentored teams coming from European top-tier educational institutions.
- Started as a project manager and got promoted to associate partner and principal.
- Completed multiple strategic assignments for multinational corporations, national companies, funds, and new ventures at the C level.
- Served clients in the private equity and financial services, technology, media, and telecommunications (TMT), industrial manufacturing, and public sectors.
- Headed coverage in Western Europe and North Africa.
Project manager and Project Leader
Corporate Value Associates
- Completed multiple strategic assignments for multinational corporations, national companies, and new ventures at the C level.
- Started as a junior consultant and got a fast-track promotion to project manager and project leader.
- Served clients in financial services, energy, industrial manufacturing, TMT, and public sectors.
Master's Degree in Engineering
Mines ParisTech - Paris, France