Verified Expert in Finance
Nikhil is a seasoned consultant, bringing ten years of experience across a number of sectors, providing strategic project management, cost optimization, real estate and financial services. He has worked at a number of large consulting firms, including EY, Deloitte and Grant Thornton. Nikhil enjoys freelancing because it allows flexibility in his schedule to help clients solve complex problems.
Lease vs. Own Analysis
- Assisted numerous public and private clients in rationalizing their footprint by identifying opportunities for restructuring, reduction, expansion, and CRE governance while optimizing their portfolios.
- Worked along numerous buy and integrate and sell and separate deals, assisting clients throughout the M&A lifecycle.
- Managed real property portfolio optimization engagement at a large federal agency, engaging in strategic capital planning, site selection, asset, facilities management, workplace strategies.
- Led the portfolio and asset level assessment for a large city, developing monetization, cost savings capital redeployment alternatives and strategies for the city’s underutilized real estate assets, amounting to over $100 million in proceeds.
- Organized numerous CRE outsourcing efforts for project management services for large multinational clients.
- Developed a portfolio-wide telehealth program for a large national health care system in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Supervised a restructuring project for a multinational company, estimating the associated cost to achieve and savings from the disposition and exits from existing leases and owned properties.
- Managed the lease administration team for a large federal client, overseeing a portfolio of 800 federal leases in ICE’s system of record, TRIRIGA, accounting for nine million rentable square feet across the United States.
- Developed a portfolio management function at the Office of Asset and Facilities Management (OAFM) at a large federal client, formulating a process for prioritizing program requirements for over 450 capital projects, amounting to $950 million.
- Implemented flexible and advanced workplace strategies to 2 million of underutilized usable square feet for a multinational client.
- Led the development of an IT software cost estimating tool for planning and development purposes, comprising of a variety of cost drivers through the systems development life cycle for a large federal agency.
- Served as a project manager on the IT infrastructure network rollout, refreshing servers, routers, switches and other equipment across 80+ field sites for a large federal agency.
- Managed a pipeline of $34 million and served as the internal lead for all proposals and business development activities for civilian agency clients.
Master's Degree in Real Estate
Georgetown University - Washington, DC
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
University of Maryland - College Park, Maryland
Qualified Professional in Corporate Real Estate
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring