Nuno Anjo e Silva
Verified Expert in Finance
Nuno has worked for 30 years in CPG Unilever and B2B at the Navigator Company. In 2020, he started working as an independent consultant, often managing McKinsey and Eurogroup transformation teams or doing freelance work. Nuno founded GTI Consulting to impact more businesses, focusing on growth, transformation, and innovation to fulfill their full acceleration potential. With his skills and expertise, Nuno will be a great addition to any team.
Developing Lipton Ice Tea to the Highest per Capita Consumption Levels Ever
- Acted as an advisor for startups, co-founding an eCommerce platform and supporting seed projects in diverse areas such as waste recycling businesses, biotech, sports, professional services, and packaging businesses.
- Served as a freelance consultant on geographical expansion, business development, and demand creation projects in multiple countries, with a recent focus on emerging markets in LATAM and Africa.
- Acted as an external consultant for leading companies, including McKinsey and Eurogroup Consulting, in customer-facing implementation teams, leading transformation projects across more than ten industries in seven countries.
Non-executive Board Member and Advisor
- Served as a board member in Ergo, an Argentinian startup that wants to contribute to making a giant step for plant-based food in the direction of nutrition and organoleptic enhancement.
- Developed value propositions and go-to-market strategy for Ergo's precision fermentation technology to produce plant-based proteins able to express their animal equivalents.
- Registered two global patents with myoglobin and casein proteins, following regulatory processes.
- Provided continued support across strategy, marketing, route-to-market, and open innovation for food companies.
- Developed lead plan for pre-series A fundraising, facilitating network and contacts and preparing pitching deck.
Chief Commercial Officer
The Navigator Company
- Accelerated Navigator's entry and growth in the tissue business. Integrated one tissue mill and opened the second one, increasing revenues from €70M to €140M in less than two years.
- Secured more and bigger customers, ensuring demand for the two sites, including the new one in Aveiro, and reaching the maximum capacity of both in just two years.
- Delivered value through differentiation and uptrading customers through added value ranges and value-proposition segmentation.
- Led international business development and geo expansion, enlarging the Navigator tissue footprint in Europe and Africa.
CMO, MD, and SVP
- Held different executive roles while working at Unilever for 25 years. Spent half of my time there on international assignments and strategic and regional roles.
- Delivered growth in Lipton 6x in volume, 11x in profit. Reinvented the business model, building brands with innovative consumer-centric omnichannel strategies and customer-centric route-to-market plans and partnerships.
- Ensured 15% CAGR in Turkey (from fourth to the second market) while entering seven countries. Led international market entry, regional coordination, business development, brand communication, and innovation, triggering demand and share development.
- Re-ignited the EU ice cream business to grow in volume for the first time in a decade while implementing a portfolio reduction program. Managed teams in holistic GM roles with cross-category and cross-functional responsibilities.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration
Catholic University of Portugal - Lisbon, Portugal
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring