Verified Expert in Finance
Oli is a former tier-one London investment banker and exited tech startup founder. After a 10-year career working at Jefferies, Nomura and Berenberg, he set up as a financial modeling consultant to help early-stage businesses get funded and build smart financial planning processes. Oli has built models for businesses across SaaS, services, and eCommerce, supporting a combined $40 million fundraising. He also holds Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) levels I and II.
Financial Model for a B2B SaaS Startup $10 Million Fundraising
- Built financial models for startups across SaaS, Services, eCommerce, and broader tech to support a combined $40 million of fundraising. Also helped SMBs set up smart financial planning and analysis processes.
- Created the number one source of plug-and-play financial model templates on the web, which has over 50 downloads a week.
- Consulted with a food tech startup on creating automated systems and standard operating procedures to improve operational reliability and scalability ahead of post-fundraise growth acceleration.
Founder and CEO
- Founded an assisted recommerce marketplace for preloved fashion, with an end-to-end resale service for sellers to unlock supply. Bootstrapped the startup out of a £5 thousand grant into business, annualizing around £1/4 million with 15% MoM growth.
- Won the Prince's Trust Enterprise Programme funding for the most promising startup venture.
- Built unique in-house tech, processes, and data science expertise to create the resale operating platform and efficiently handle complex single SKU logistics.
- Sold ReThread to a leading UK recommerce group, StuffUSell, in 2022.
Equity Research Analyst
Berenberg Investment Bank
- Covered 24 European power, utility, and renewable stocks with a combined market cap of €500 billion as a senior associate equity analyst. Outperformed the sector benchmark by 90% in three years.
- Worked on the successful €4.6 billion IPO of a German renewable energy firm, Innogy, as part of a team in a co-lead syndicate role. The IPO was the largest in Europe in more than five years and Germany's most prominent in almost 16 years.
- Built and maintained complex financial models, performed deep industry analysis, produced and marketed thematic and stock-specific reports, and built relationships with companies, industry stakeholders, and clients.
- Worked with all parts of the European equities business as a graduate analyst, including research, sales and trading, and capital markets.
- Managed Nomura's EMEA Alpha Capture offering, a crucial part of the business's revenue mix.
- Underwent graduate training in intensive investment banking while being mentored by senior analysts.
- Completed successfully prior internships in EM credit research and FX trading.
Equity Research Intern
- Collaborated with a senior analyst in performing investment analysis for the digital media distribution company eOne.
- Conducted industry research and analysis, built financial models, and performed equity valuation with discounted cash flows (DCF) and multiples-based approaches.
- Built an investment case, wrote the coverage initiation report, and presented it to a senior analyst.
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
University of Bristol - Bristol, UK
CFA Level II
CFA Level I