2014 - PRESENT
- Prepared the financial models and documents for an architecture company looking to raise funds for a hotel project in the Middle East; also prepped them for management meetings.
- Gave a fundraising and valuation workshop for Korean tech startups and mentored them individually to help them understand the value of their company; prepared briefs on their potential as investments.
- Advised on valuation and negotiations for the ongoing potential acquisition of a UK media company.
- Built realistic, detailed financial models for a variety of different early-stage businesses to help them assess the feasibility of their projects and adjust their strategy accordingly.
- Researched legal capital requirements in different countries for a fintech startup to structure the company efficiently and to estimate the funds needed to establish a business in each country.
- Worked with an engineering company to quantify the financial profitability of energy efficiency measures for a stadium.
- Valued the startup holdings belonging to a venture capital portfolio.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Investment Memoranda, Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Valuation Multiples, Equity Valuation, Corporate Finance, Project Finance, Finance Strategy, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Pitch Deck Financials, P&L Forecasting, Fundraising, Feasibility, Due Dilligence, Capital Raising, Junior Capital, Startup Funding, Pricing Strategy, Private Equity Valuation, Certified Valuation Analyst, Contingent Valuation Method, Entrepreneurial Finance
Senior Consultant, M&A
TJP Advisory & Management
2012 - 2014
- Carried out liquidity planning and prepared documents as part of NPL restructuring assignments for small businesses in southeastern Europe, as mandated by the World Bank.
- Worked on the sale of a PV solar park to a specialized buyer.
- Advised on the restructuring of a diversified natural resources group; prepared forecasts for its single businesses globally and provided input on valuation and right timing for disposal of its assets.
- Prepared the financial forecasting, valuation, and the project financing model for a large solar company in Eastern Europe.
- Completed the valuation of an alternative investments fund with subsidiaries in different countries for the preparation of group financial statements.
- Carried out the valuation of part of a food processing company and advised on the exit strategy for the sale of the division.
- Prepared the valuation of an IT services business for the introduction of new shareholders.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Mezzanine, Investment Briefs, Investment Memoranda, Investor Communications, Capital Investment Appraisals, Asset Valuations, Valuation Modeling, Valuation, Valuation Multiples, Adjusted Present Value (APV), Corporate Finance, Project Finance, Equity Research, Equity Valuation, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Projections, Pro Forma Financial Statements, Revenue Modeling, Revenue & Expense Projections, Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR), Investor Decks, Investment Summaries, Feasibility, Due Dilligence, Contingent Valuation Method, Budget Controls, Budgeting
Senior Assistant Valuation
2009 - 2012
- Managed the international due diligence process of a target group of companies and carried out the due diligence of the local subsidiary on behalf of a potential acquirer.
- Developed valuation assignment methods and processes for the company's internal quality assurance directives.
- Advised a software company on the target requirements to meet for different stock exchanges.
- Carried out the joint venture valuation of various subsidiaries of two food processing companies to assess the joint venture share split.
- Conducted the valuation of a de-listed company after a takeover to evaluate compensation for the squeezed-out shareholders.
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Valuation, Valuation Multiples, Due Dilligence, Financial Benchmarking, Risk Evaluation, Adjusted Present Value (APV), Valuation Modeling, Financial Asset Impairment Models, Asset Valuations, Intellectual Property Valuation, Real Estate Finance, Audit Management, Equity Research
Grant Thornton International
2007 - 2009
- Carried out research for global corporate finance departments; advised on databases and information management.
- Prepared thought leadership publications on global capital markets.
- Managed the communication exchange and distributed investment teasers to global M&A departments.
Focus areas: Equity Research, Market Research, Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Valuation Multiples, Data Analysis, Financial Data Analysis, Corporate Finance, Transaction Modeling