Verified Expert in Finance
Over his 16+ years as a professional, Olov has conducted 34 M&A engagements for corporate investors and 36 M&A engagements for financial investors, including private equity, investment companies, venture capital, and hedge funds. Olov has experience in M&A strategy, acquisitions, divestitures, fundraising, joint ventures, and M&A training. He has worked across many verticals in Europe, the US, and Asia.
M&A Screening for a Construction Company
Independent M&A and Corporate Finance Advisor
- Established an M&A strategy based on the screening of 100+ acquisition targets. Evaluated and performed commercial due diligence of the market, product offering, customers, and suppliers for four shortlisted targets in Europe.
- Led the fundraising process and secured a successful $10+ million first close for a private equity fund. Responsibilities included defining and communicating the offering to investors, developing investor materials, and supporting negotiations.
- Valued a food processing company using the comparable company and discounted cash flow (DCF) valuation methodologies, achieving a significant net debt adjustment that reduced the purchase price paid by the client.
- Performed commercial due diligence of a chemical company, identifying key risks as well as profit enhancement opportunities, including price increases, expense rationalization, and inorganic growth initiatives.
- Identified and led a working capital reduction of 20%+ for a Nordic services company by renegotiating customer agreements, establishing non-recourse factoring, and improving invoicing procedures.
- Supported one of the largest companies in Sweden, active in the telecom space, with 15 acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures across Europe and the US.
- Supported one of the largest companies in Sweden, active in consumer goods, to develop their M&A capability, define M&A strategies, and execute on M&A transactions.
- Developed P&L and cash flow forecasts and conducted a valuation of a discretionary consumer goods company as part of their fundraising. Supported investor reach-out and negotiation and helped secure a multi-million dollar fundraising round.
Corporate Finance Engagement Manager
- Supported management in the evaluation of a potential M&A transaction with one of the world's largest companies. Responsibilities included screening potential targets, quantifying the synergy opportunity, and creating the valuation summary.
- Prepared a large software and services business unit for divestment from its corporate parent. Defined the standalone operational plan outside of the corporate parent for sales, finance, and research and development.
- Established sourcing and make/buy strategy, identifying a multimillion-dollar savings opportunity in one of Ericsson's largest procurement categories. Key methods in the analysis included should-cost modeling and value engineering.
- Performed commercial due diligence and valuation of a large professional services company for a potential acquisition, including forecasting market development, interviewing customers, and identifying critical staffing and retention risks.
- Developed a 5-year strategy for one of Ericsson's largest software units, including an M&A consolidation roadmap. Screened acquisition targets, recommended an acquisition plan, and used war game workshops to identify risks to future acquisitions.
- Prepared the divestiture of a blockchain technology-based offering.
M&A Manager, Private Equity Team Lead
- Led the divestment of an automotive supplier and executed a cross-border sale to an industrial buyer, exceeding the owner's valuation expectations. Was in charge of planning, managing the BoD, developing materials, buyer reach-out, and negotiating.
- Delivered pricing enhancements for a Nordic services firm and secured significant short-term and long-term improvements, including a 30% price increase via controlling discounting and re-bundling offerings.
- Assessed organic growth and M&A opportunities for a leading retailer contemplating entry into the Swedish market. Assessed the M&A scenarios, while the organic growth scenarios included detailing retail locations, costs, and product offerings.
- Identified 20%+ in working capital improvements for a Nordic production company and delivered 8% in short-term gains. Improvements included divesting low-consumption inventory, sale-leaseback deals for fixed assets, and debt agreement renegotiation.
- Developed a business plan and investor prospectus, including strategy, market assessment, operational setup, and creating a P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow forecast. Successfully raised a multimillion-dollar round with venture capital backers.
Coursework in Corporate Finance
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA
Master's Degree in Computer Science
LTU - Luleå, Sweden
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
LTU - Luleå, Sweden
Financial Management Certificate
University of Illinois